potterton ep2002 problem | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss potterton ep2002 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Ok, so the 3 port valve was knackered. So I change it. Now the only way I can have heating on is if the hot water 8 selected on the programmer. It will turn on and off with the room thermostat, and also stat on when the cylinder stat is satisfied. You can only choose the same times for both so is this a normal thing?

I think if I am remembering correctly, they were wired in these way innit. So you can only have seperate time control of hot water for the summer, and then hot water and heating for winter. Correct me if I am wrong though

is there not a dip switch on the back selects pumped or gravity with gravity you have to switch hot water on to get heating fully pumped seperate times

Last edited:
I am not sure to be honest. I just believe it was already like that so didn't look any further. Well I tried for 3 minutes to get the front off of the programmer but then gave up. I don't think there is a fault from either stats or 3 port now so just assumed it was like it before

As said, they normally have a little switch on the back for either gravity or fully pumped.

It seems it is wired up for Gravity HW, pumped heating. If you take the programmer off, I would bet there is no HW off circuit.

It may be fully pumped but not wired as such. If you ever change a programmer check if there is HW off circuit, as they all come with the jumpers for fully pumped, and you won't be able to select Htg only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

3 hw on 4 htg on 5 perm live
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Its a very ingenious but devilishly cunning...
Replies
Views
Just happened to be rummaging around on the...
Replies
Views
Several people told me it would be an Airlock...
Replies
Views
Back