Potterton statesman 45/50 nozzel size? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Potterton statesman 45/50 nozzel size? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Of course its correct, It's an international standard for all manufacturers that they quote the output of their nozzles in GPH at 100psi I should think that everyone on this thread knows that.

Of course its correct, It's an international standard for all manufacturers that they quote the output of their nozzles in GPH at 100psi I should think that everyone on this thread knows that.

US gallons per hour at 100 psi, which always seem weird to me, but that’s how it is

Our UK gallons is roughly .84 of a US gallon if I’m not mistaken, but yes Best it relates to US measurement as I believe the pressure jet burner is originally an American invention

Our UK gallons is roughly .84 of a US gallon if I’m not mistaken, but yes Best it relates to US measurement as I believe the pressure jet burner is originally an American invention

I also tend to think on oil output of a US gph nozzle approx same in our UK gph if oil pump is set at 8 bar.
US gph is at 100psi, so at 8 bar it is 120psi which is close to converting the US gallons output to our gallons.
So say a 1.0 nozzle at 100 psi will give .84 UK gph, but multiply by 1.2 (to raise to 8bar) will give approx 1.0 UK gph.
If that makes sense. :)

Last edited:
The first pressure jets where used to propel vehicles and where invented by the Russian N Teleshov in 1864, adapted by a Swedish inventor Martin Wiburg and eventually became the pressure jet burner.

The first pressure jets where used to propel vehicles and where invented by the Russian N Teleshov in 1864, adapted by a Swedish inventor Martin Wiburg and eventually became the pressure jet burner.

Wow! Where did you find all that from?

A little confused there I think, a 1.0 nozzle at 100psi will give 1US gph or 0.84UK gph, got your UK and US mixed up, easy done, but as you say raise the pressure to 8bar (116psi) and it will give approximately 1UK gph.

Last edited:
A little confused there I think, a 1.0 nozzle at 100psi will give 1US gph or 0.84UK gph, got your UK and US mixed up, easy done, but as you say raise the pressure to 8bar (116psi) and it will give approximately 1UK gph.

No, definitely not confused, although I could have worded my post a lot better. :)
I was saying exactly what you have summarised, - .84 of a U.K. gallon will become close to nozzle reading in U.K. gallons if we have 8 bar setting.

Ah! See what you meant, - I had indeed typed US at the .84!

Last edited:
Cheeky you have edited your post.

I did. I reread my earlier post and realised it didn’t read as I had intended.
:p
Just 2 letters made it read wrong.
I had assumed my wording was confusing, rather than actually wrong as you rightly noticed.

I could of sworn I resd the Americans were the first to utalise the PJ in the burners we’re familiar with, maybe invented was the wrong word lol

It may be true that the pressure jet CH burner was developed in the US and under their funny way of looking at things, to them it means they invented it and can apply for a patent and woa betide anyone in the world that infringes this, they would build a wall around them. LOL

Similar plumbing topics

The answer is always obvious,, once you know it.
Replies
Views
C
I’m not posting here to agree to do/looking...
Replies
Views
I mean you can test with a multi meter on the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Except your response got me thinking. Going...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
Back