Power flushes / rads not heating up - HELP PLEASE! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Power flushes / rads not heating up - HELP PLEASE! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Is anyone competent enough there to crack open one of the radiator valves and see if the water is mucky

The plumber that came here said that the water in the heating system is very clean so no need to flush the system...but that was when he fixed the non working kitchen rad and before we had the problem with the two upstairs rads and now just the downstairs 2 rads

Find another plumber, make sure he tests the pump and all the TRV's before deciding to go ahead with a powerflush. A heavy duty cleaner (if that is the issue) should be able to get your system going without the need for a powerflush in my opinion.

i would change the pump as its lasted well, i would say its the same pump as when they put the system in

Small bore pipework will block very much easier than 15mm pipe. Clearing it is so difficult. A heavy dose of cleanser is required and also a Magenetic Filter to collect the deposits as they are loosened. Clearly a flush is needed. That damned microbore again!!

Can you get to the small tank in the loft and photo the water that's inside it? Dirty water inside the tank can help diagnose problems.
Also with the heating on, run your hand over the radiators, They should be warm / hot all over. Any cold spots will indicate a build up of sludge within the system.

Can you get to the small tank in the loft and photo the water that's inside it? Dirty water inside the tank can help diagnose problems.
Also with the heating on, run your hand over the radiators, They should be warm / hot all over. Any cold spots will indicate a build up of sludge within the system.
That’s a good idea, I’ll go up and take a look when I have some good light...thanks for the idea

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
M
Teed off of 10mm feeds from original rad?
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
O
Have you tried waggling the pin on the trv...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
Back