Powerflushing course - Fernox or Kamco, or somewhere else? | Plumbing Courses | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Powerflushing course - Fernox or Kamco, or somewhere else? in the Plumbing Courses area at Plumbers Forums

Noticed when the boiler service guys came out to faults on new boilers. First thing they were doing was checking water quality. ( this was couple of years back )
Was told by them ...any dirt...and boiler warranty void. Reckons the boiler ways are so small these days any we bits will choke them.
Powerflushing sounds good idea after that ;)

A better idea is to fit boilers that dont have secondary hexes or diverter valves that clog up, you know ones with 22mm bore copper pipes running through the main hex so a bit of crud isnt an issue, they are out there :) by the way WB and vaillant dont make one :)

If single hex such a good idea why did 90% of manufacturers move away from them and it's only the cheap tat and a few "special" boilers that don't??

Nope because heat transfer technology moves on , thin film boiling technology, and only reason u need large waterways is if you can't clean water! I'm not sold on the intergas model. !

I did the Kamco course, and found it informative, they tell you "how to" on all the different types of systems you may come across, but also how to measure the PH, level of dissolved solids etc so you can judge if a flush is required and when its clean enough, the focus is on offering the service as a way for us to make money but not as either the holy grail or that's its always required

I've read loads of opinions on this and its seems there are 2 camps those that do and those that don't, find out for yourself and pick a camp

The limiting factor will be weather a cust will pay or not that you will find out for yourself

Hi all,

I'm planning to do a powerflushing course reasonably near me so I'm looking at either the Fernox course (at Woking) or the Kamco course (at St Albans).

Any experiences of either one? Good / bad / so-so? Any suggestions of any other powerflushing courses around?

Cheers.

Kamco is good ,

Similar plumbing topics

Hi sir i don't suggest you go out on your own...
Replies
Views
Hi Matt, any luck on getting employed in the...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I shall take a look in that case and...
Replies
Views
It would cost quite a bit to move the...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, thought I's just close this out with...
Replies
Views
Back