pressure drops | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss pressure drops in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
measuring the pressure at the meter with the boiler running at full rate, i recorded a pressure of 22m/bar and at the inlet on boiler gas valve i recorded a pressure of 20 m/bar, would you class this as a 2m/bar drop ?

yes but according to my recorded pressure measurements i have a 2 m/bar drop across the installation, so therefore it's not acceptable, or is the measurements at the meter subjected to a + or - 2m/bar

There is a greater pressure loss through the gas valve. If you want an accurate reading you will need to fit a test nipple to the pipe as it connects to the boiler.
Here is a clear explanation from worcester
worcs.JPG

The test only gives an issue under the British Standards, What does the manufacturers instructions say. Most fan assisted appliances due to the fact that the appliance sucks gas through the pipeline could have a inlet pressure of 17 mb (check with MI). so there for manufacturers instructions overide British Standards and it would be ok.

gb-gas

like tamz says a 2.5mbar drop at the test nipple on a gas valve is normally only 1mbar on the actual pipework
I for one do not get into fitting test nipples just to confirm something i already know!

its 1mbar :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I had a chattering float valve in the loft...
Replies
Views
  • Question
And it's fixed! Had someone move the EV from...
Replies
Views
To my old mind operating pressure is what we...
Replies
Views
You might have a EV (expansion vessel)...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
Back