Pressure release problem.... | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pressure release problem.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

sammathias

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Glow worm betacom 28 not holding pressure changed prv twice with prvs I had in-stock....literally top it up to 1.5bar and it will drop immediately through prv. Don't know if I'm being thick but must be a crack or something in the hydro location I can't see. They are over £100. Can I just cap existing prv and fit an external prv on pipework? Is that acceptable?

Does the boiler have valves ?

Yep sorry to say needs to say unless they do a remote kit like Worcester which removes the prv

I thought this but no because it completely empties the boiler... It seems like the prv isn't seating properly. Can't imagine I have two genuine prvs faulty so can only really assume it's the bloc?? Couldn't see anything obvious tho.

The pr valve must be holding if you can pressurise to 1.5 bar? Does it discharge before you call for heat? Can you see where it is discharging.
Does it bang as it discharges indicating pressure spike or quietly run out. If it runs quietly I would assume the prv is still defective.

Slow trickle out of prv whilst pressurising system. It will go upto 1.5bar but just trickle back out to nothing within 30 seconds. I ended up changing the whole hydrobloc which cured the problem. Can't see any obvious split in hydrobloc tho.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks John. Perfect. Much appreciated.
Replies
Views
I may have misread / misunderstood your...
Replies
Views
S
Some insurance co's wil, put the £500 towards...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a flat and have an electric...
Replies
Views
Don't get that set up. plus it looks like the...
Replies
Views
Back