Urgent Central Heating System Pressure Problem | Central Heating Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Urgent Central Heating System Pressure Problem in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got a fairly important safety valve missing that would cut off the primary flow in the event of the cylinder temperature overshooting its setpoint.

There's other issues but that's the main one.

if it is a split coil, which it may not be then you need at least 2 other bits replace/installed urgently to make things work safely again, which are manufacturers parts. These need installing by a qualified (G3 regulated) plumber. If the coil is split then a new cyl is needed anyhow and the completed cyl inc safety devices will be installed by the plumber. Because of the risks involved in doing it wrong, this site wont offer the actual answers as folk may be tempted to give it a go themselves with poor results.

Not wishing to scare you, but this is the result of all the safety devices failing on an unvented cyl, yours is missing one of them out of the 3 normally installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61uDmQF5I2E

your cyl should not do this,but it needs some safety device fitting as if your other 2 failed that video is a reality should things go wrong. Hence why our advice isnt forth coming and why you should get someone in to rectify the problem

only worry if you dont sort it, still got 2 safety devices and its turned off at present .... I hope

Wow thats scary indeed!

G3 Plumber will be called in tomorrow to investigate....

Very worried now

Good man, thank you Nigel.

It's the safety of you and your family we're concerned about. And thankfully you're listening. There's too many that don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
obviously not an engineer
sorry that sounds wrong its an in joke nigel not aimed at you

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend a good G3 certified plumber in the Yeovil, Somerset sort of area that might be able to help me?

Is that a coke bottle cut in half to make a tundish?! Or is it just my eyes?!

Don't get that set up. plus it looks like the D2 isn't upsized but it could be the pic. Then there's another pic with a standard tundish?? I can't be looking hard enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Replies
Views
Back