Pressure rising on an unvented system | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pressure rising on an unvented system in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

G

Glen Eley

Hi all,

The pressure bar in my unvented system is rising. It’s set at 1.5 and rises to 2/2.5. I know it will rise when the water is heating but this now doesn’t drop. I have an Oil boiler and at present only the hot water is on.
I have reduced the pressure by bleeding a radiator.

My question is is it likely to be the expansion vessel or the PRV causing the issue?

The expansion vessel feels pretty full of water and I just isolated the cold water feed to the hot water cylinder, run a hot water tap until the water ceased to come out and the expansion vessel emptied of water. On turning the isolator back on the expansion vessel now feels full of water again.

So any advice on where the fault lays would be appreciated.

Thanks all

I’m guessing you mean the heating system as you vented / dropped the pressure by a rad when cold and everything off does it still rise ?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
As Shaun said cold backfeeding through mixer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Please let us know what it turned out to be!
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Chuck the engineer said I have replace all...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the responses, I'll be on the phone...
Replies
Views
  • Question
And it's fixed! Had someone move the EV from...
Replies
Views
Back