price on works | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss price on works in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

G

gaspastemania

Keep chopping and changing my mind on a system i'm currently pricing over what to charge for labour . its a four bed house detached so reasonable sized gaff.Installing unvented with system boiler 2 beds have en suites with a main bathroom and a kitchen to plumb out with gas hob going in ,circuit has 10 rads on it . Am thinking about £2400 is a reasonable price as will probably drag a mate in to push it on here and there ....Sound about right or near the mark??

Are you supplying materials? Is it newbuild or occupied? Copper?

Just off the top of my head I would say you're near the mark or maybe even a little light.

But you've seen it, always difficult to tell when its in black and white.

Have you got the 2 and 4 the wrong way round?

Just on labour it seems very low. I'm going to see a bathroom soon which I reckon will be a 2 week job (tiling, painting, etc) and was thinking of £2,000 just for labour.

Im supplying materials but am dithering over labour charge So the £2400 was labour , like i said its quite a decent sized house probably two and a bit weeks of plumbing , dont want to go to dear as not a massive amount of work about still although i am picing a fair bit now but want to get what i am pricing .

If it's any help, on my bigger jobs I work out a timescale, multiply it by my day rate then add 10-15% up to a decent round number and tell my customer that the maximum will be £*** and shouldn't take longer than *** days/weeks. In your case I'd say a maximum of £3,000 and the job will take about 3 weeks and the price and time are working on the assumption that I don't find any major difficulties.

(Not trying you how to do your job but how I tend to work and cope with possible difficulties.)

Thats pretty much what i do to be honest , i know what i want roughly out of each job and have a good idea on timescale but get the odd job that i seem to ponder or think over to much at times .

Similar plumbing topics

Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks @Ben-gee and @Undertrained - bit...
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Back