price please | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss price please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
take out old bathroom suite,strip all four walls of tiles,make good wall bonding etc,tile 14m2,replace bath, close coupled toilet,basin pedesal,panel ceiling.

£450/500 labour

deleted my price didnt realise was in open forum

Last edited by a moderator:
Upwards from£1500 including labour, tile adhesive, grout, new iso valves, new traps, new pan conn etc. Would depend on tile size and quality.

your looking at around £800 for labour, plus parts, do many of you guys fit tmvs on bathroom jobs ?

probably around £1500 could be higher or lower depending on quality of parts of course.

In answer to the tmv only new build at the minute, won't be long though. Customers hate them.

i would be subbing out any other work apart from stripping out old bathroom and fitting bathroom suite, would like to make some profit on them

my parts ,tiles,adhesive, panels etc came too about £1500,i quoted for the whole job, £2800,but since i have taken the tiles off the walls,the walls are in a bad way and need looking at by a plasterer,so i was thinking of adding this cost on to the customer,but some thing is pulling at my heart strings,am i being fair or not.

nope a cost you couldnt see , but you may want to mention this when doing further quotes

yes you're being fair just explain to cust about the walls shouldn't cost more than £250 to replaster them

yes you're being fair just explain to cust about the walls shouldn't cost more than £250 to replaster them
yeah mate thanks for that,i was a bit worried with the bill now £3000+, by the way i can not believe how cheap some of the guys are on here

It's an unseen extra, also have it on my estimates about stripping tiles and possibility of additional remedials to walls.

Don't forget though that this will slow you down now as well, waiting for plaster to dry.

It's an unseen extra, also have it on my estimates about stripping tiles and possibility of additional remedials to walls.

Don't forget though that this will slow you down now as well, waiting for plaster to dry.
i know my weeks ruined now,plasterer can not do it till sat,i have took the bath and basin out,customer was not amused

I'd have charged about 3 grand for a quality suite, quality large format tiles, probably new moisture resistant PB for the walls, and removal of tiles and old suite and disposal of same at recycling centre. Would check electrics and throw in some spot lights and maybe a leccy shower if required and consumer box was nearby or a thermostatic if installation was easier.

What warranty do you guys give for a bathroom?

12 months. Good thing with bathrooms is that if there's an issue it tends to show up quickly. I recently replaced a floor tile free of charge from a bathroom I did two years ago. Looks like somebody was putting up shelves with a 7lb hammer. Luckily I always leave a few spare tiles behind the bath panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm...
Replies
Views
Not a problem it’s what we’re here for
Replies
Views
If you have the spare funds go ahead as it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have recently done a similar job with drop...
Replies
Views
Morning All, I have 1800’s farm house 3...
Replies
Views
Back