Pricing | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pricing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
What's your charges?
I do £40 first hour, £35 per hour after, £225 for a full day, £80 first hour emergency then back to £35 per hour. No VAT yet!

I dont employ so its 40quid first hour and 30 pwr hour their after.

Try to get 200 plus a day tho

£60/hour, £225 half day, £400/day.

Evenings and weekends generally down to my mood!

I charge 30pph, every hour , i dont charge extra for call outs unless ive to leave a job to attend, and same with OT if its my descision to work late then straight time, £80 for cp12 £50 service

£60 for hour one, £35 for each hour after that. VAT on top. Get the odd job I lose due to pricing (mostly small one hour jobs which I'm not too bothered about anyway) but if they don't like my pricing there are plenty more in the queue who do.

45 per hour plumbing 60 for gas no reduction for subsequent hours no day rate as such. but price jobs to make as much as possible.

At the moment £40 first hour £30 after that £200 a day. A letting agency I work for get £30 an hour flat rate as they give me a bit of work. £50 service+ £20 additional appliances. Llgsc £50 for 2 appliances £20 per additional appliance.

I'm only a new company so don't want to go in too heavy at the moment and am happy with what I'm earning for such a new company once I'm established and I have a good name it will start rising to £50/£40 £250 a day.

When you do the sums you need to be charging £250 plus VAT (if applicable) per day to make any sort of decent living in this game really.

No you dont

I'm with Kieran on this. It's possible to live on less, of course, but if you want to retire whilst you still have working knees and back, and not worry about turning on the heating, to be able to treat the kids & grandkids, that figure is about right or even slightly low...

I can live quite comfortably on 500 a week although I prefer 1200 a week .

The govt will be keeping me in old age regardless

@hammers4spanner, are you talking about the wage you take home or the profit your business makes? The 2 are completely different of course and I want to be clear we are talking about the same thing. £200 per day is £48,000 turnover before sales of parts are added in, based on a 240 day working year. At £250 per day the turnover is £60,000 which is an extra £12,000 of profit per year as fixed costs are the same. I think £15k per year is fairly typical of running costs for a plumbing business. So as a sole trader you can pay yourself £33k a year if you don't want to grow your business, based on £200 per day, assuming you book out every working day of the year and your van is never off the road.

This is a good wage I would say and not one I would want to dip much below given all the hassle that goes with running a business. Certainly not when plumbers can earn £25k now quite easily just for working for someone else.

For me the extra £12k per year gained by charging £50 extra a day goes into growing the business, buying more vans etc. This will be my pension one day and will be much better than any pension I can buy from large companies who **** my cash up the wall!

All I know is from my experience, on £200 a day I simply could not earn enough money to expand my business and I would still have been working on the tools now. At £250 per day I am doing this less and less and letting employees do more of the work so I can grow my business. Without meaning to sound patronising (as it's not meant to be), this was the biggest lightbulb moment for me in 6 years of running my business. I could either be busy working on the tools or busy working on my business. I know which one I prefer!

Interestingly, workload has increased since my rates have gone up. Perhaps the good customers that we want link price to quality??

When you do the sums you need to be charging £250 plus VAT (if applicable) per day to make any sort of decent living in this game really.

£250 a day?? You're outgoings must be huge if you have to earn that to make a "decent" living.

I dont do any private work, I only do contracting. I can earn anything from £160 to £240 per day doing this, but I'd say I average out at about £190 a day.

This is gives me roughly £45k a year turnover and that's having 4 weeks off a year.

My outgoings are minimal, probably about £3k per year, so my taxable income is about £42k a year.

Id say I live quite comfortably really, I have cash in the bank, an expensive house and a really good van :)

To have to earn £250 a day +vat to make a decent living is a lot man

£250 a day?? You're outgoings must be huge if you have to earn that to make a "decent" living.

I dont do any private work, I only do contracting. I can earn anything from £160 to £240 per day doing this, but I'd say I average out at about £190 a day.

This is gives me roughly £45k a year turnover and that's having 4 weeks off a year.

My outgoings are minimal, probably about £3k per year, so my taxable income is about £42k a year.

Id say I live quite comfortably really, I have cash in the bank, an expensive house and a really good van :)

Is that not living with your mum though? How are your outgoings so low? Low miles?

Nail on head. My annual diesel bill is more than that. Accountant is about half that again. Add insurances, GSR registration etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

With CH selected on, if you open a hot tap...
Replies
Views
Oh dear, welcome to the forum, I will move...
Replies
Views
V
  • Question
Firstly I'd counter their demand by asking for...
Replies
Views
I've never seen error codes displayed. Sorry...
Replies
Views
If i turn the temperature dial right down on...
Replies
Views
Back