protecting boiler from sludge, magna clean? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss protecting boiler from sludge, magna clean? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marky90

im going to install a magna clean or simlar item on my next boiler change, will be flushed out before hand but which one works best do you think? magna cleans impress me but dont know what there like fitted

what do you use?

much of a muchness,fitted magna clean and fernox both do the job

Like the magna clean as fitted more as around first,easy to fit and maintain

imho

i am with puddle on the magna clean,the only product improvement they could make is to make it out of brass

Magna clean it is then! They always do impress me with the demo jar!
Thanks

I prefer the Fernox TF1. I hate the way you cant put the magnaclean on a straight run of pipe without the unit being on the ****, also had alot of issues with them leaking.

Magnacleans can be fitted on a straight bit of pipe easily with the soldered fittings provided. Personally I think Spirotech are easier too fit and easier to demonstrate too the customer how too use them, however given the choice in my own home it would be magnaclean.

magnacleans are rubbish have been out to about 3 in the last month that are leaking from the factory joint on the valve and the tops have gone solid so you cant unscrew them. have been using tf1s since the guy in my merchants showed me a magna magnet and a tf1 magnet stuck to a boiler he said pull them off . the magnaclean came off relatively easy the tf1 was a two hand job so therefore hold more sludge before they become innefective. there also easier to install and they have a drain off at the bottom. good for dosing system .

had the magna clean rep around and he showed me a test they had done on TF1 magna clean and spira and the magna by far had the best results! but to be honest tf1 is still good and does the job perfectly well, but agreed with the above in my own house i have a magna clean

had the magna clean rep around and he showed me a test they had done on TF1 magna clean and spira and the magna by far had the best results!
A totally impartial test of course ;)

Spirotechs are easiest to fit & the most robust but I like the way you can see all the **** that the Magnaclean has collected, it impresses the custards too. That said they will all do the job I think.

i think its very much a case of personal preferance. spirotechs are easiest too fit, and also have a slip socket if the pipework is a B****H too move, which can be very handy and is easy for the custard too clean but the spirotech apparently slightly restricts the flow which if you look at their design is plausable. magnaclean will collect more debris over a longer period of time and lets face it, has the better reputation, but is harder to get the custard that involved with stripping it down and cleaning etc should it come too that.

i am with puddle on the magna clean,the only product improvement they could make is to make it out of brass

The magnabooster is made of brass and ten times easier to service and I have never seen one leak. MagnaCleans are good at what they do but the seals are useless the cannisters split and the iso valves are tat aswell

im with villa tom, altho i have seen alot more magnacleans fitted when compared too the magnabooster

Ive got the TF1 fitted in my own house, Ive seen loads of magnacleans and now beginning to see more spirotech magnaboosters. I suppose the magnaclean is more popular because it was the first one on the domestic market, that aside I dont care much for the crap valves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

GREENSTAR CDi CLASSIC Worcester Bosch...
Replies
Views
What are engineers opinion on Intergas, I've...
Replies
Views
It is an 'all in one' toilet with a macerator...
Replies
Views
thanks.... yes, so my diagram and wording is...
2 3
Replies
Views
Thanks All. After much persuasion the...
Replies
Views
Back