PRV exits into a tundish T'd off condensate pipe! OK? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss PRV exits into a tundish T'd off condensate pipe! OK? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again thanks to all who have taken an interest. Here's the flue for those who asked.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A04E9DE918A219DC!21458&authkey=!AOrb4xf1MoQi0gw&ithint=folder,

I wonder whether the white flue extension should be showing above the roof (yes I know it's a bit rough but it has since been re-tiled)

Yes this is the work of a qualified Gas safe engineer ID and number checked with photo on the register and no the commissioning sheet (Benchmark?) has not been fully completed.

He is a young man and he says he wants me to be happy with the installation so I will give him a second chance to put things right before going to Gas Safe.

As a layman there appear to be four levels of competence:

1) Best practice as espoused by your members

2) Manufactures recommendations being the corporate nod to best practice

3) Building regulations widely drawn and open to interpretation but differs to manufacturers regulations

4) Manufacturers minimum standards which vary from company to company

I think the industry still has some way to go to impose a minimum professional standard for at present the alternatives for the average customer are pick a contractor with references /feedback or employ a seperate specifier to select a contractor and then audit his work but at what cost?

Sorry rant over in the end I suppose you just can't legislate for character.

Once again thanks to all who took an interest.

The white of the flue should not be seen outside. Not sure about baxi flues, but shouldn't there be some self tapping screws holding it together.

I havn't read all the comments so this may have been said but imo a flush is a days work on its own. Combi and rads is possible in a day with a two or three people, but to flush, install combi and replace 7 radiators in one day is far too quick and i would have concerns about the workmanship

List of faults I can see.
1 condence and blow off teed in
2 john guest fittings cannot cope with ph of condence water
3 condence line pipe size needs upgrading due to length of run
4 no clips fitted on condence line
5 no clips fitted on boiler pipe-work
6 electrical earth bonding needed at boiler
7 flue needs more supports
8 no clearance of combustable material or fire cover plates fitted on ceiling or roof
9 flue terminal looks less than 500mm from chimney in pics
I know some of my pick ups might be petty but boiler and 7 rads installed in a day needs to be picked up/ god knows how much it cost or what the rest of the job looks like. anyone see anythink ive missed?

The flange on the vertical flue is not located over the lead slate upstand, one of the the extensions needs shortening or else rain will get inside given the right/wrong weather conditions.
In my experience any rain entering here will run straight down the outside of the flue & probably end up getting into the boiler & goosing the fan or PCB.

I know it's not supposed to be done but I'd put money on John guest fittings being able to handle acidic water.

That condensate run is brilliant though.

I'm pretty sure hep say their pipe can take condensate

The white of the flue should not be seen outside. Not sure about baxi flues, but shouldn't there be some self tapping screws holding it together.

Baxi multi fit flues do not nee screws.
I would defo be interested in cleanliness of water

I think the customer has got what he paid for, and should have done more research and got more quotes for comparison.

A little harsh on the customer...What is he to know.

He obviously has concerns about the installation, but it is not his fault.

He comes on this forum and wants to ask a few questions regarding the installation....There's no problem with that.

People have given their advice and recommendations - which is what he asked for.

As for turning the situation on the customer and blaming the customer for not doing enough research is - well below the belt.

We don't know the customers situation. He might be a complete twit, but the plumber who did the installation is a complete f-wit.

All sorts of information and help is given out to people who come on this site - mostly to people who want to do work themselves.

Maybe it's time to start a reversal.

Fobbing off DIY'ers and helping and assisting people that have had sub-standard work done by Plumbers.

Last edited:
The flange on the vertical flue is not located over the lead slate upstand, one of the the extensions needs shortening or else rain will get inside given the right/wrong weather conditions.
In my experience any rain entering here will run straight down the outside of the flue & probably end up getting into the boiler & goosing the fan or PCB.

See what your saying about the slate, but its one of those rubbish rubber collar ones, personally I only use lead ones know they are a bit pricey, but get a 100% better seal, & lays better on tiles.

Is this another install on the Government scheme, ?? we have all seen the rubbish that was fitted on other government jobs, fitters had to do around 4 installs a week to make it pay, most were bad installs but nothing ever got done about it,

Is this another install on the Government scheme, ?? we have all seen the rubbish that was fitted on other government jobs, fitters had to do around 4 installs a week to make it pay, most were bad installs but nothing ever got done about it,

The eco jobs have to be fitted to a high quality. Not only because that's how it needs to be but even for funding providers to pay out all work is photographed and if it's not right they won't pay.

The eco jobs have to be fitted to a high quality. Not only because that's how it needs to be but even for funding providers to pay out all work is photographed and if it's not right they won't pay.

Well you must be looking at different installs ! I would say that the majority of these jobs I have come across have been of poor standard, and if has you claim , they have all been photographed , why have the ones I have seen , and I think others on here, never been rectified ??

New to the forum and a bit late on this one but:-
I can't believe the quality of the install, I would be livid if that was the quality of work in my own home.
As for some of the ECO work, I've seen quite a few installations that were simply not up to scratch and clearly rushed.
A combi combi swap can be done reasonably quickly and standards still maintained, however, a proper system flush and a swap with some additional work obviously takes a little longer.
when you are pressed for time quality can be difficult to maintain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

https://hhic.org.uk/uploads/5BD6D5A19764A.pdf...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
Just to round this off with what I found here...
Replies
Views
More than fine then in 11/5 tube should be...
Replies
Views
At the age of 75 you may be entitled to some...
Replies
Views
Back