PRV pipework help | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss PRV pipework help in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Thanks guys, i was thinking to fit the prv on the highest point to avoid freezing, what is your opinion, would building control be happy!!, or i should just chase the wall all the way to the back garden?

vaillant do a kit that u fit above if u have to discharge up hill which makes the uphill part almost like a dead leg then the valve if i remember correctly, its not good to run it up, i have ran it up and over in a bungalow were the boiler was in the middle of the house and had concreate floors, not good practice really but hand was forced! the reason its not ment to rise acording to vailant isnt freezing as u can stop that occuring its the weight of the water holding the valve closed past 3bar! which in my opinion is a little silly if it only goes up a couple of meters, but can see were they are coming from if it was along way up!

What if pipes leaving boiler freeze & PRV is also somewhere else in house? Boiler turns on, heats up & if can't get anywhere to expand, then something fractures.

That was my first thought when I read SJ's post too. Why allow one but not the other?

Similar plumbing topics

Ps on my android phone the forum is really...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The flow is upwards through the PRV, it looks...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
  • Question
IF all properties got a PRV fitted on their...
Replies
Views
fine as the medium blow off (eg over pressure)...
Replies
Views
Back