Prv pipework routing | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Prv pipework routing in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

stratplus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Went to a property yesterday for an unrelated job but had a look at a new Worcester boiler install done a couple of weeks ago. The boiler was installed in the a/c in the middle of a standard 3 bed mid terraced house. The prv pipework came out of the boiler then elbowed up into the loft for approx. 2metres where I assume it was taken out either into an internal soil or through the soffit, I didn't look into it.
My question is does anyone else take this pipe vertically from the boiler? I always thought this pipe should have a fall away from the boiler and never seen one like this before.
Looked through mi's and nothing is mentioned.
This install was a boiler swop so he's done it to save lifting boards.

Why didn't they dump prv in to conny or use a remote?

Customer said they had problems with water noise when they slept so installer came back and fitted the condense pump after the install. Sure they mentioned condense went to loft originally but surely the trap would have overflowed into boiler although looking through manual dosent the worcester have a sealed sump?

Yes but if you know u need one that does. That is 99.15% of occasions when you need a Conny pump u need to move prv discharge?

Only time when I use conny and don't use it for prv is when it's a heat only. I run my conny pump outlet through a 21.5mm without glued joints as it looks a lot better!

Yes but if you know u need one that does. That is 99.15% of occasions when you need a Conny pump u need to move prv discharge?

Only time when I use conny and don't use it for prv is when it's a heat only. I run my conny pump outlet through a 21.5mm without glued joints as it looks a lot better!

Dont they leak without solvent

experienced dont always equal good. i have known installers that have been at it for 35 plus years that were terrible, even dangerous. was even worse when it was the acops and any one with half a brain cell could pass. (you now need 2 to 3 brain cells LOL)

just to play "devils advocate"

may be he took the time to "knock" out the prv in the boiler and remote sited one at high level to allow a fall from the prv.

Just saying Maybe!!

Similar plumbing topics

Yep, that's what I meant (as per attached...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just use a compression elbow, we wont tell.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for the advice.
Replies
Views
Thank you for responding Chuck, I have booked...
Replies
Views
Just going to say the same...conduit seems...
Replies
Views
Back