PRV with Gauge Question | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss PRV with Gauge Question in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,

I have a Caffeli PRV near the mains stopcock. Static pressure fluctuates between 3-4 Bar and when a tap is opened it sits around 2 Bar. No issues with pressure but trying to gain an understanding of how it should be setup to protect appliances. I do have a couple of Grohe toilets that make a slight thump when the filler shuts off abruptly.

With taps running is I adjust the PRV I can decrease / increase the pressure but it tails off (doesn't increase) beyond 2 Bar. Is that where I should set it at? From what I have read, the fact that my PRV adjusts pressure with water flowing indicates that I can't control the static pressure. Is static pressure of 3-4 Bar too high?

Thanks in advance...

Presume you have a PG installed like the one below, if you set that to slightly above 2.0bar, say 2.3bar, with a tap running, then does it rise to 3 or 4 bar immediately you shut the tap? or does it creep up?, when you do set it up to 2.3bar, flush the toilet and see does the thump co incide with the pressure rising fast to 3 to 4bar.

1725624869575.jpeg

Presume you have a PG installed like the one below, if you set that to slightly above 2.0bar, say 2.3bar, with a tap running, then does it rise to 3 or 4 bar immediately you shut the tap? or does it creep up?, when you do set it up to 2.3bar, flush the toilet and see does the thump co incide with the pressure rising fast to 3 to 4bar.

View attachment 95000
Yes similar to that. Yes as soon as tap closes, pressure goes to wherever it was before.

What model Caleffi is it?. Some are "drop tight" which means they will maintain the set point pressure when the demand ceases, while this rapid rise in pressure may not be the problem, it probably would be better if it didn't occur.

What model Caleffi is it?. Some are "drop tight" which means they will maintain the set point pressure when the demand ceases, while this rapid rise in pressure may not be the problem, it probably would be better if it didn't occur.
To be honest, I don't know. I could grab a picture but not sure where the model number is. I imagine this one manages the flow when there is demand as when I turn it down, it with a tap running it reduces the pressure.

The brass Stop tap is the wrong way round

Sounds like it’s operating like it should

Set pressure 2 bar 4 bar static

The brass Stop tap is the wrong way round

Sounds like it’s operating like it should

Set pressure 2 bar 4 bar static

The lever valve is as it comes in, then through the PRV and then the brass stop tap before going into the house. That's correct isn't it?

I was more interested in whether there was a way to reduce the static pressure, 4 bar seems a little high.

The lever valve is as it comes in, then through the PRV and then the brass stop tap before going into the house. That's correct isn't it?

I was more interested in whether there was a way to reduce the static pressure, 4 bar seems a little high.

Correct if you look at the brass stop tap eg top on flow will be to the left when it should be going to the right

The flow is upwards through the PRV, it looks like the PG is on the inlet side, but that would be unusual as i thought there is normally only a PG tapping point on the outlet side.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
IF all properties got a PRV fitted on their...
Replies
Views
They don’t have a expansion relief eg prv is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Got to find someone who can install one pronto...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Need to know the supply coming in pressure and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Re position of E.vessel, in either position...
Replies
Views
Back