PTF Tape and Compression Joints | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss PTF Tape and Compression Joints in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 30407

Here is one I had to replace the work because the hidden pipework had been leaking and eventually came through the ceiling. It was the flexi rubber joint leaking because of onto the iso. Idiot plumber did the bathroom. A year later the unsupported shower waste pipe fell out of the trap below the floor and kitchen flooded. :)
Does that not beg the question, which I have tried to put (badly) is "why didn't the op's plumber use the correct flexi? In which case the op,s problem may never have arisen!
Using the incorrect flexi, in my opinion, is the cause of the problem and can be laid firmly and squarely as the plumbers fault. Irrespective of ptfe tape, etc.

Last edited:
Does that not beg the question, which I have tried to put (badly) is "why didn't the op's plumber use the correct flexi? In which case the op,s problem may never has arisen!
Using the incorrect flexi, in my opinion, is the cause of the problem and can be laid firmly and squarely as the plumbers fault. Irrespective of ptfe tape, etc.

Yep, it is the plumbers fault if the flexi end wasn't compatible with the fitting it connected to.
But we don't know exactly what the flexi was used for, - if the plumber supplied it, or if it was part of a new tap mixer.
If it was supplied with a tap and was the type with flat washer connection, then plumber should have used correct fittings, so no blame could be put on him later if any leak occurred.
Personally I hate flexis and only use them if supplied as part of taps. I rarely see the point of them and they are a weak link

If I'm supplying the monobloc then I always look for one with copper tails, not a fan of flexi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I see, that, like me, you are a forgetful genius!
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just use a compression elbow, we wont tell.
Replies
Views
    • Winner
  • Question
What a great and informative post! Thanks for...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
    • Winner
I'd definitely say that this installer is in...
Replies
Views
They can stick quite easily, try a spray with...
Replies
Views
Back