Pulsing Bathroom Tap - Help!!! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pulsing Bathroom Tap - Help!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JulianCR

Hi - new to this forum so bare with me if anything is unclear,

But I am currently experiencing problem with a brand new bathroom mixer tap - the water keeps pulsing through it with the pump (newly installed) going on and off on and off etc.... As you can imagine this doesnt sound very healthy for the pump itself.

Please see the video below for the problem

[video=youtube;6oE2_1lByFI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oE2_1lByFI[/video]

I have found a temporary fix as the filter on the tap itself keeps blocking up - by cleaning the filter on the tap it then returns to working to normal. As all the other taps dont experience this problem by turning another tap on this also resolves the issue.

Any ideas?

try fitting a check valve on the hot pipe coming out of the pump, I'd also check how many litres per minute you're getting out of the tap with the pump turned off - is it enough flow to work the pump flow switch ?

try fitting a check valve on the hot pipe coming out of the pump, I'd also check how many litres per minute you're getting out of the tap with the pump turned off - is it enough flow to work the pump flow switch ?

Agree with check valves

My first thing would be dirt in the pipe, try taking filter out and letting it run for 5 minutes, ish.

then replace filter, see if it works.

If this doesnt work but the tap works when the filter is out then try a different filter, (can be bought from plumb centre i.e.) or removing some of the filters(they normally have about 5 filters, although Removing them can sometimes break them if you don't know what you are doing), I find these new taps can really reduce pressure.

I mean the filters at the end of the tap, not the ones inside the tap.

Is it a flat you live in? Reason I ask is that ive seen this at a customers flat before and if i remember was cured by topping up the pressure at the expansion attached to the pump.

Non return valve for me too but I would Put it as close to the tap inlet as poss on the problematic side (h or c)I hope that's not a shower pump your using to pump the water to the tap by the way...

Hi everyone, i'm new to plumbing and have been reading these forums with great interest. On reading this thread I see that the advice being given is to fit a check valve. So genuine question here, how would a check valve help to sort this problem? Thanks in advance.

pulsating when a pump is involved usually leads to the pump turning on and off

A pump starts up by the reed switches detecting a flow, however, when a CD type tap is turned off often a 'pressure wavwe' can occur send a wave to the pump which switches it on and sends the wave to the tap which is off so it goes back. etc etc

a check valve stops this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
Cheers Aquarius, I'll pop out and grab a new...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Recently I noticed the houses plumbing...
Replies
Views
I
Yes press the button until there are 2 lights...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Yep. They are not getting paid until it’s sorted.
Replies
Views
Back