pump does not seem to be working | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss pump does not seem to be working in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

hi all, i just want a bit of advice, i have a icos he15 boiler that has started to make banging noised when started, the panel all lights up as it should be after a few minutes it starts to bang and the burner light starts to flash this will countiue to cycle like this if allowed, i have noitced the pump in airing cupboard is lighting up power but nothing else where before i know this whould light up three bars, so i was just wondering if anyone could tell me if this sounds like a failed pump thanks

Attachments

• 13100799_1339747849372447_7149055977505206746_n.jpg
    13100799_1339747849372447_7149055977505206746_n.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 82
Can you feel the pump working as I think it's in auto mode

hi thanks for the reply, i cant hear or feel anything from it, when you say its in auto mode is this something i can change as pressing the button on it does nothing, thanks

hi thanks for the reply, i cant hear or feel anything from it, when you say its in auto mode is this something i can change as pressing the button on it does nothing, thanks

Yes press the button and that turns it into manual and the bars should light up one for each press

Maybe new pump needed. I have come across same thing happening with other brands of A rated pumps. Fancy, more complex full of electronics energy saving pumps seem to not last sadly

But if you can't feel a buzz / spinning vibration new pump needed

dont have a meter so cant test sorry, cant feel or hear anything from the pump just the banging noise from the boiler when it starts up, ok if im looking a new pump what would you guys recommend as a straight replacement for mine

grundfos ups2 15-50/60
Dab evosta

Sounds like the pump has failed, if it's silent with no vibrations & the boiler is now overheating / banging then it all concurs...

Nice easy DIY bank holiday project for you... I would recommend the grundfos 15/60... Not the alpha 2 again..

hi thanks for your suggestions but i now staring to be a bit worried as i recieved a message this morning suggesting my pump may be fitted wrong ? ok the pump in picture is mine, the bottom pipe is to boiler the top pipe is to small tank in attic and you can just see in the picture the arrow on the pump is pointing down to boiler which is below is this correct? as we have only been here for around four mths could it have been fitted wrong and is now just staring to go wrong, thanks

well thats a bit of good news, hopefully i can get a pump then over the weekend and get some heat back on, thanks again guys for all your advice, will post a update once ive changed pumps

ok update on my problem, finally got round to changing the pump for a DAB Evosta 40/70-130 and great news it has cured the problem all heating and water back up and running, just want to say thank you to all who posted a reply to me it was a great help will be back if i have any more plumbing problems thanks again tom

Last edited:
Well you will be back Not the best of pump makes, should have gone for a Grundfoss or Wilo

Is this a joke ? Most people are moving from grundfoss to dab and tbh there better

Similar plumbing topics

W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Stnd wrong pump for a high pressure shower...
Replies
Views
No I do not. Second to that I don’t even have...
Replies
Views
Several people told me it would be an Airlock...
Replies
Views
Back