pump does not seem to be working | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss pump does not seem to be working in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

I installed 2 Dab A rated pumps and both failed. First one only partially worked.
It put me off them, but I think having a PCB inside a very hot pump is highly likely to fail, although it could be something else goes wrong. I think most pumps (A and B rated) are now going to have very short lifespans, same as motorised valves.

Here is what is inside a Wilo Smart Pump (B rated) I had installed and which failed 2 weeks ago. The pump is perfect as new condition otherwise. It wasn't smart enough to last well. :smile:

image.jpg

Sick of grundfoss ups2's failing. Tried a couple of dab's and no issues yet. Next one I will try is the new ones at hwos.

Sick of grundfoss ups2's failing. Tried a couple of dab's and no issues yet. Next one I will try is the new ones at hwos.

Don't you find that everything that they make to be more efficient has become more unreliable ?? Pumps used to last for years, along with boilers, controls etc. Now the quality seems rubbish !!

The customers end up paying consistently a fortune for to have an "energy saving" item.
Realistically, an A rated pump for a small house, - say £100 and it packs in over 2 years old. Then the plumber needs his labour on top of new pump.
I would rather have something that uses more electricity, but is reliable.

Grundfos I have no faith in them anymore after they refused warranty on a 1 year old pump, they said magnetite in the system had damaged it, old pump that finally gave up the ghost after 25 years wasn't affected by it. Prefer wilos to grundfos,

ok update on my problem, finally got round to changing the pump for a DAB Evosta 40/70-130 and great news it has cured the problem all heating and water back up and running, just want to say thank you to all who posted a reply to me it was a great help will be back if i have any more plumbing problems thanks again tom

Firstly, well done on getting the job done successfully. Secondly, it doesn't matter what you fit, with few exceptions it is down to personal preference, cost and previous positive or negative experiences with any particular brand.

Thirdly, well done again! Don't worry about whether you've chosen the "best" pump. It was designed to do the job and no matter what you fitted somebody will tell you, you could have done it better.

Don't you find that everything that they make to be more efficient has become more unreliable ?? Pumps used to last for years, along with boilers, controls etc. Now the quality seems rubbish !!

Yeah but we're saving the planet by not using as much electric whilst the pump is running. Just forget about the manufacturing process lol.

Grundfos I have no faith in them anymore after they refused warranty on a 1 year old pump, they said magnetite in the system had damaged it, old pump that finally gave up the ghost after 25 years wasn't affected by it. Prefer wilos to grundfos,

I've never really used wilo as they seemed quite noisey when I last used them but the grant rep was really bigging them up when I saw him last saying what's wrong with a good old grundfos

Similar plumbing topics

W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Stnd wrong pump for a high pressure shower...
Replies
Views
No I do not. Second to that I don’t even have...
Replies
Views
Several people told me it would be an Airlock...
Replies
Views
Back