Pump Prices | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pump Prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWheating

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
i am wondering if pump prices will jump up soon with the up and coming changes due at the start of next year. It may just be me but im assuming that alot of plumbers will consider stocking up on there favored pump and this will make manufactures/merchants think about putting prices up before the end of 2012 just to ripp us off alittle more than usual.

anybody noticed any price increases recently?

A Grundfos 15-50 is now £95. That's a jump

And it's down right disgusting

i had noticed that the Grundfos prices had jumped up a fair bit in last month or so hence the question.

I paid £66 plus vat (£79.20 ) yesterday @ Jewsons (Grahams branch)

That is a big difference!

Are the new regs only for new installations ?

Seems a bit harsh to make compulsory for an old gravity hot water/ pumped heating boiler.:willy_nilly:

i would be guessing then that its the merchants putting the prices up rather than a grunfos lead hike with such price difference seen?

i would be guessing then that its the merchants putting the prices up rather than a grunfos lead hike with such price difference seen?

Grundfos list went up 10% - it was originally announced in July, but I think they might have delayed it for a couple of months. If you can buy branded-box Grundfos at less than about £60, then snap them up - its probably older stock. If you are asked for more than about £70, then shop around.

There had used to be "brown-box" versions supposedly available for certain large contracts at a cheaper price, but I don't know if that still happens.

Grundfos list went up 10% - it was originally announced in July, but I think they might have delayed it for a couple of months. If you can buy branded-box Grundfos at less than about £60, then snap them up - its probably older stock. If you are asked for more than about £70, then shop around.

There had used to be "brown-box" versions supposedly available for certain large contracts at a cheaper price, but I don't know if that still happens.
that would be the un painted type you can still get them but have to search

I've got brown box pumps in the van , and they are red :) woohoo!

Where can I get a 15-50 for less than 70?

I tried screw plumbs and other locals

Perhaps they just hate me ATM

Where can I get a 15-50 for less than 70?

I tried screw plumbs and other locals

Perhaps they just hate me ATM

That figure I quoted was + Vat SimonJohns. Sorry - I should have made that clear - I am so used to quoting ex-Vat prices, that I don't even think about it.

That's still only £72. Btw I'm vat registered.

One thing I've just thought about is boilers with integral pumps. Space is often tight enough in them, how are we supposed to get smart pumps in with their larger control boxes?

Has anyone heard anything from manufacturers?

I was having that same discussion with my mate the other day croppie, they either gonna have to make em a bit bigger to accomadate or gonna have to fit conventional with external pumps. Ah but what about combis then

One thing I've just thought about is boilers with integral pumps. Space is often tight enough in them, how are we supposed to get smart pumps in with their larger control boxes?
As far as I am aware you are not supposed to fit anything inside a boiler but the specified pump.

Yes I am aware of the price for a OEM pump head just because it has a different label and maybe a different colour. Label + colour seem to cost quite often around £100 to apply. But maybe there are efforts I do not know about.

Should have added that the use of an modulating pump in a boiler set up for a fixed speed might be a bit more difficult than just a swap. I wonder if manufacturers will offer energy saving pumps for replacement. Maybe with a reduction to suitable profiles only.

But for example WB still sell the 100W+ pump heads for ridiculous prices even though a standard efficiency replacement head would only consume around 50W for the same pump output.

manufactures do not need to convert to the energy saving pumps inside there appliances for a couple more years after this dead line (cant remember the exact date), so you should still be able to buy the rip off priced spare part pump for a while yet with thought, and even after this deadline you should still be able to get them as they cant really expect you to boiler change when a pump goes. Hardly a saving in energy if you scrap a good boiler :)

Think the other trigger date is in 2015 when all pumps are expected to be changed over.

Dirk, I know what you mean mate but what takes prescidence, the mi's or the EUP directive which steers the mi's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do...
Replies
Views
D
Ah it's all sealed and can't get in to see the...
Replies
Views
The old adey ones had the same problems the...
Replies
Views
P
Doesn't matter, mod will remove or close it.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Dang, seems like point to point heat pump swap...
Replies
Views
Back