Pump Sizing | UK Plumbers Forums | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pump Sizing in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hey guys long time since I have posted here but know some of you know your salt. I've got a job in a townhouse and currently the boiler sits on the second floor of a three story but I'm moving it to the ground floor as per client request, problem is, its got ridiculously high ceilings, I'm going to double check but suspect at the very least top floor rads are 7 meters up.. so I'm concerned about a standard 15/60 or whatever being man enough, I've been looking at the 25/80 as a viable alternative but I'll be honest I really don't have a great deal of experience in pump sizing, I'm usually just whacking in combis and forgetting about it 🥴 so I keep hearing that it'll make the system noisy and all these horror stories, just wondering if anyone could give me some advice basically. Current system is 22mm flow + return, currently open vented, 10 rads overall, I'm going to seal it and putting in a 180l unvented indirect. Also, client is a bit of an eco warrior so they want me to put in electric, electric boiler needs 12lpm minimum according to Mi's. Cheers

Have they got space in the consumer unit for another breaker?

Who’s running the electric?
Are you competent?
Potential extra cost?
Is there a route for the new supply?
Depending on the route, you could be looking at a 16mm cable.

Similar plumbing topics

Current system Danesmoor utility installed in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
Croft, I'm taking your advice and getting the...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Afraid it is the only way Shower pumps are...
Replies
Views
L
  • Question
Sounds like you need an experienced engineer...
Replies
Views
Back