Pump to stay on after thermostat shuts boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pump to stay on after thermostat shuts boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rallen

When the HW or CH thermostats or the timer shut the system, they basically cut power to the boiler + 3-way valve. As if you have just pulled the mains switch. This is as it has always been.

What I would like to do is to have the pump pumping as long as either CH and/or HW are "on". The reason for this is better distribution of heat, since the CH thermostat is at one end of the house. The other reason is that perhaps reduce stresses on the heat exchanger of my boiler so that it cools down gradually rather than having potentially very hot water stuck still inside it and perhaps seeing a temporary temperature rise rather than a drop.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Replace your controller with a modern one, and make sure you have a proper S Plan or Y Plan configuaration.

You would have to make sure you have a bye pass fitted,then fit a pump over run on pipework,this will make pump stay on untill pipework cools down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

thanks.... yes, so my diagram and wording is...
2 3
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
B
To expand slightly on @John.g's answer, many...
Replies
Views
Back