question about hot water pipe and fitting new taps | Bathroom Advice | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss question about hot water pipe and fitting new taps in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

C

Chireg69

Hello
I am about to change my bath and taps but when I took off the old bath panel I noticed the hot water pipe is 22mm all the way to the tap. The cold is 15mm. Now my new taps have 15mm fittings on them both.
My question is, am I ok to cut the 22mm pipe further down and put on a Compression connector reducing it from 22mm to 15mm and then connecting it up to the tap?
I'll be using flexible fittings from the pipe to the tap!
Many thanks for any help!

Yea i know you were. But your going to cut it right? Therefore the top half you will no longer be needing so it doesnt matter if you damage it whilst scraping the paint to see if its copper. Remember if it is copper make sure you remove the paint from the area your connecting too. Flexi or compression connector, its likely to leak if the pipe is painted. Clean it back to nice shiny copper and youll be fine

If its steel youd be better off getting bath taps with 3/4" tails. Steel is all piped in with sockets and threaded ends. So if you were to cut it, youd have to thread the newly cut end to find fittings to connect too. More work than its worth!! I bet its painted copper though

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
take iso valves off and fit 1/2 inch x 22mm...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You Can Use Boiler, Heat Pump.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you ! How about a 15mm to 1/2 coupler as...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Marley Equator Demount tool in 15mm seem to be...
Replies
Views
Back