Question about installing a wood boiler stove | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Question about installing a wood boiler stove in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thermal stores have an overheat protection and will discharge water to drain in order to lower the temperature, unvented cylinders do not and cannot control the temp from solid fuel although they are a far better system and not so prone to limescale build up as thermal stores. However thermal stores can be connected to a gas boiler, solar, electrical heating and solid fuel or all four at once.
Steve

The thermal stores have an overheat protection and will discharge water to drain in order to lower the temperature, unvented cylinders do not and cannot control the temp from solid fuel although they are a far better system and not so prone to limescale build up as thermal stores. However thermal stores can be connected to a gas boiler, solar, electrical heating and solid fuel or all four at once.
Steve
spot on steve from what i know of thermal stores.
back to the back boilers...our systems seem to work perfectly with the addition of blow off pressure and temp. maybe its technically incorrect but i have not made this up myself only learned it from the company i work for.the boss is a mechanical engineer with 40 yrs plumbing experience.apparently he is very highly regarded in ireland.one of the first registered solar,heatpump,air con installers in the republic as they came on line over the years.i value your comments .things are more strict in the uk as regards regs.we are a tad behind on the paper work stuff.i can only vouch for work i have done and seen done from personnal experience.

solar heat is controlled, it has or should have a pump and by pass incorporated on the pipework between panels and cylinder, operated by the controller and pipe stats.
shaun

solar heat is controlled, it has or should have a pump and by pass incorporated on the pipework between panels and cylinder, operated by the controller and pipe stats.
shaun
did u post this on wrong thread.what are u talking about here.:D

the stove will have an amount of water in it,the relief valve should be as close as possible,in case the circs comming of it are isolated or blocked.
without the relief valve the stove would super heat the water, resulting in the stove exploding throwing red hot , water and steam over every one in the room, if you were lucky to miss the water the burning wood and the embers would ignite what was left of the room and its hysterical occupants. picking white hot cast iron off their burned scalded bodies
if you dont know don't do

the stove will have an amount of water in it,the relief valve should be as close as possible,in case the circs comming of it are isolated or blocked.
without the relief valve the stove would super heat the water, resulting in the stove exploding throwing red hot , water and steam over every one in the room, if you were lucky to miss the water the burning wood and the embers would ignite what was left of the room and its hysterical occupants. picking white hot cast iron off their burned scalded bodies
if you dont know don't do
lee i am beginning to consider my part in the death of some poor unfortunate as a result of this job.
lennox. i stated already that even experienced plumbers would have difficulty with such an installation.i am only fortunate to work alot on this type of thing and thats why i tried to help.if u are going ahead with this u need to post drawing of what u are going to do exactly. p.s can u leave the b boiler open vented altogether.

sorry lenox, but youve asked the same question on different threads, you dont know what you are doing judging by your answers, and its not a case of being rude, i would love to help you, but you need some basic fundamentalist knowledge in not killing people. i wont post to you anymore, sent you a private message explaining what could happen. google it, then you can blame google when you do vaporise some womans head off.

At the end of the day, this is a website for burying our own super plumber ego, and for helping and advice, both giving and recieving.

sometimes the best help is no help !!

shaun

Hi Buffy, thanks for the advise you have gave to me. I have made a drawing for my proposed installation can I e.mail it to you for your coments.

regards

lennox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
You could prob have two circuits joined by a...
Replies
Views
Are you controlling the stove flow temperature...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I have sketched out parts but missing...
Replies
Views
N
Replies
Views
One thing I might add. We too are in a similar...
Replies
Views
Back