Question for a poor system design | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Question for a poor system design in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hey folks been a while since I've posted on here looking for advice but this one is a bit of a pain. Here's the scenario.

Guest House with 4 open vented boilers, 2x U6 meters feeding 2x 24kw HE Greenstar Ri boilers.

One of the systems has poor circulation I changed the motor on the pump as the water was clear and the magnetic filter(installed 8 months ago) didn't have much sludge on it not enough to cause alarm, but ... it was installed on the flow before the pump. I tested the pumps resistance and it was 370ohms at speed 3, so thought replacing it might work but didn't.

Now this one 24kw boiler is feeding 2 HWCs and about 20 radiators with 4 stories. 22mm Flows and Returns, no Diverter valves, and no regulation valves apart from lockshields on radiators. Flow up to heating as hot as I can feel, flow to HWCs hot but HWC returns stone cold, CH Return luke warm. Cylinders are older than radiators and showing signs of corrosion, Radiators replaced 7 years ago.

Systems been working fine for 7 years apparently. I disagree... seems undersized to me, or possible blockage somewhere... so would like some opinions.

Also would removing the new pump head to keep for spares become useless over time through corrosion or any tricks to preserve it.

Last edited:
its all separate systems there's 60 rooms in the place only this boiler forget the other 3

boiler isn't overheating or anything the boiler is fine running efficiently

Hi there. When you've hot water only on is the return still cold . Sounds like air locks

How old are the cylinders and are both coils no heating ?

No diverter valves on the system, they must just turn radiators off in summer.

manual air valve on cylinder coil was water, cylinders look 20+

Be ideal with ZV or regulator valves or similar as its a load of rads to run round and shut off to force through coil lol.. Defo circulation issue it's jusa case whether its air or furred pipes , like u said the filter was quite clear ....

Seems to have fixed itself over night, lost one of the Allen screws for the grundfos pump though, anyone know where I could get spares or is it a case of going to the scrapies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
Behind the control panel the cylinder unit...
Replies
Views
@ShaunCorbs - the heating engineer who will be...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the confirmation. Having watched...
Replies
Views
  • Question
After some consideration 15mm plastic with...
Replies
Views
Back