Rad install price | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Rad install price in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoggy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all just wondered what people charge for putting a new rad in labour only. Cheers martyn.

Is it a drain down, conventional system or a combi?

Combi mate upstairs rad so part drain down and refill.

That's why I'm asking what other people charge to get an idea.

If your swift, two hours? Can't hide your labour in materials so £85 not inc valves.

Swapping 75, new rad where there wasn't one before 150

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

all depends to be honest,
Is it same size or slightly different.
Is system old or new?
can it be done without draining?
too many variables to be honest
and further more, pricing is a bit hit and miss, depending on area, your speed, condition of system, knowledge. Just out of curiosity, will you be asking on here for every job you do? and then undercut everyone else?

Hmmmm what a weird response I don't need to undercut, I don't live near hardly any of you so why would I? I'm new to the game and thought the arms was a place to talk about prices etc. I'll just give a quote if people find it hard to give an answer on here, I thought this was the place to ask questions and discuss. Also what is the point in undercutting I'm a legit business not a cowboy so I can't charge £10 an hour.

Hmmmm what a weird response I don't need to undercut, I don't live near hardly any of you so why would I? I'm new to the game and thought the arms was a place to talk about prices etc. I'll just give a quote if people find it hard to give an answer on here, I thought this was the place to ask questions and discuss. Also what is the point in undercutting I'm a legit business not a cowboy so I can't charge £10 an hour.

Fair enough response. It's very hard to gauge prices, different arees different prices. Different plumbers different prices. At the end of the day you want to earn as much as possible. It's something I struggle with and I've been self employed for fifteen years.

You need to charge what you need. Somebody who has no mortgage or outgoings 'could' charge less than somebody with a mortgage and 3 kids.

I'm charging more now than I ever have, I work less but actually earn more. Quite fond of that arrangement.

i seem to make a right fudge of my pricing , if i charge £80 for that then i am bound to end up running around like a mug and end up losing time burning fuel etc etc . plumbing imho is a very hard game to give a specific price as when you do you nigh on always come away thinking should have charged more than that can be very frustrating .

Here is how I would break it down;

Call out, van insurance, diesel, use of my tools etc 120

Per hour rate minimum 4 hours 200

Difficulty level etc add more.

The type of job that you can be out of in an hour or end up spending all day balancing the system, fixing faults you weren't told about at the start.

Here is how I would break it down;

Call out, van insurance, diesel, use of my tools etc 120

Per hour rate minimum 4 hours 200

Difficulty level etc add more.

The type of job that you can be out of in an hour or end up spending all day balancing the system, fixing faults you weren't told about at the start.

Are those units your using pounds? If they are I'm going to move to your part of the world.

sorry didnt realise it was plumbers arms, but still wouldnt give my own prices out, because either people wont agree with it or it would be unaccurate due to not seeing it and for me I am on here to help people and giving people prices is not in my opinion helping but rather more doing the job for people.

But what I did was email a few plumbers in my area asking there prices (on my wifes email address) find out hourly/ daily rate and get the highest and lowest and try and be in the middle. most good customers will do the same and you wont end up with all the rubbish jobs by being too cheap

i work in derby!.
I very much doubt are paths will cross I'm derbyshire near Buxton, I asked in an honest way to pricing as I just wanted some advice, I'll not touch on the subject of pricing again if it touches a nerve with some people.

sorry didnt realise it was plumbers arms, but still wouldnt give my own prices out, because either people wont agree with it or it would be unaccurate due to not seeing it and for me I am on here to help people and giving people prices is not in my opinion helping but rather more doing the job for people.

But what I did was email a few plumbers in my area asking there prices (on my wifes email address) find out hourly/ daily rate and get the highest and lowest and try and be in the middle. most good customers will do the same and you wont end up with all the rubbish jobs by being too cheap
Good idea with the other plumbers prices, I just thought that someone one give a simple answer like I charge £90 per rad or £120 labour if its a new location, I must of got the wrong impression asking to join the arms as I thought it was where prices were discussed didn't realise everyone thought you were trying to undercut, I may be naive leaving in the sticks where it isn't as competitive I very rarely price against other plumbers just I want to put s price in but not work for peanuts, my intentions were only that when asking others what they charge.

I find this job quite easy to price, £100 half a day. May take me 2 hours, may take 4. Some I win, some I don't earn as much.

I'd take half a day out of my diary mainly because of unforeseen problems, therefore half a days money.

Parts would be extra.

Some people have a huge intake of breath and then you get the 'I can get it done for £50' My answer is good luck.

Most people are happy.

:iagree: £100 for labour if the pipework is being moved to suit, you need to freeze of or drain down etc
reckon to like to do it in two hours but figure it could be four.
if its a direct swap turn valve off then change rad over will all be done and tidy within the hour
so then you could quote £50, but how many times does that happen??

Are those units your using pounds? If they are I'm going to move to your part of the world.

Leo in my world it's Euros, also I can have a minimum drive time of an hour to get to a customer so the call out charge is genuine and very often harder earned than what I charge per hour which is not too far off my actual hourly rate.

Customers will pay for quality some would be afraid to pay too little, old Irish (not politically correct saying) "Every cripple has his own way of walking" :)

Fair one, wasn't meant as criticism. Ive covered thirty thousand miles in my van in five years. I get a nose bleed traveling more then five miles to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks for the reply i was thinking roughly...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This might be of interest...
Replies
Views
Two gotcha's that may or may not be applicable...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The food, electric, mortgage, council tax all...
Replies
Views
Back