radiator change pricing | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss radiator change pricing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassmonster

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi all,
i've been asked to quote to change 2 x radiators 500 x 1800 singles to doubles.

it should be a straight swap without any additional pipe work.

i'm guessing it should take me around 2-3 hours. what would be a reasonable price?

also, what are the steps to drain unvented system with FE tank etc..

It likely won't be a straight swap because I often find with single -> double the distance off the wall is different so it's a re-pipe. Especially if it's the old thin singles and new fat doubles.

To drain down and change pipework, valves etc I wouldn't do it for less than £300.

i usually charge £150 per rad so £300 for the two is about it, and i agree pipework will need changing.

so I quoted £200....got a reply back saying he's a cheaper quote for £140.....why not tell me in the first place... :32:

That's the way the cookie crumbles. You can cross this dude out in your customers list.

That's exactly what I did.... Is it OK to ask customers if they have other quotes and much?

Ask what you like but don't always believe what they say!! Unless your desperate for work I wouldn't start lowering your prices too much or your gonna devalue your self and work.

Yes, damn right it is. They ask you don't they?

That's exactly what I did.... Is it OK to ask customers if they have other quotes and much?

Not interested in other prices or what the customer thinks its worth. My price is my price, ill do it for more :) but they can foxtrot oscar for less.

I'm worth what I charge its about time a lot of other people charge what they are worth rather than working for peanuts.

The phrase 'reassuringly expensive' springs to mind.

Its how you sell yourself as well. Ive had more than a few jobs where the cust had said I wasnt the cheapest, but they liked how I explained everything, answered any questions and actually turned up to look at the job when I said.

I'm putting a price in to change 6 rads install a new rad flush the system £980.00 don't think they will go for it but I won't drop my price.

There are plenty of idiots around me charging peanuts and running themselves ragged I'm not going to be one of them.

£140 to change and re-pipe two rads is a joke. They might as well go and work at McDonalds.

Ive just quoted to change 4 rads. All on twin entry valves.
I quoted 360. I'm the slowest plumber there is in every possible way but hope to get them done in the day. Theyre bloody big rads though.
High / Low? Havent heard from them yet

Charged extra for materials. I want it done in the day so couldnt warrant charging any more but I dont want to be traipsing down the stairs with 2mtr radiators for nothing. I think I might need a hand with them - save me ruining the house

Last edited:
The customer just emailed me asking if I an do it for £150.......i said the price is £200.

Why would he say he got a quote for £140 then offer £10 more.

I'm thinking he will probably be a pain in the butt....

Hahaha
Knock him 10% if you really want the work. I wouldnt bother mind, sounds like he's a cock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Pay no attention to D Ireton. In my opinion he...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
Have to do it someday and it make sense for...
Replies
Views
Ah, I see so the flow is on one side, and the...
Replies
Views
Back