Radiator goes on, boiler goes off!! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Radiator goes on, boiler goes off!! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mikeyc

Hi folks

I hoping someone here will be able to fix my boiler problems ...

I have just replaced a rad but it refuses to warm up. The reason being the boiler shuts off as soon as the new rad valve is opened.

I can still (and have) run all the other rads for hours with no problem but as soon as the new valve is opened the boiler dies :confused:

I have tried turning off all other rads and opening just the new one but the same happens.

The system has been 'bled / bleeded'?? and all air seems to be gone.

Can anyone give some suggestions?

Many thanks

Mike

Hi folks

I hoping someone here will be able to fix my boiler problems ...

I have just replaced a rad but it refuses to warm up. The reason being the boiler shuts off as soon as the new rad valve is opened.

I can still (and have) run all the other rads for hours with no problem but as soon as the new valve is opened the boiler dies :confused:

I have tried turning off all other rads and opening just the new one but the same happens.

The system has been 'bled / bleeded'?? and all air seems to be gone.

Can anyone give some suggestions?

Many thanks

Mike
need more details boiler make system type what you actually did to rad ?

combi boiler/system,?
top up the pressure.

I have a (pretty old 15/20 yrs) valliant gas combi boiler - not sure what model but it's being replaced soon.

As the new rad is shorter than the original (but now a double) I had to move the pipework. However, all I did was cut a section from each pipe under the floor and then reconnect with straight compression fittings. Nothing else has changed and the previous rad worked fine before it was removed.

The pressure has been checked and is fine, no loss of pressure.

Hope this helps - thanks for your reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Yeah I think Ill have a Hive thermostat in...
Replies
Views
thanks.... yes, so my diagram and wording is...
2 3
Replies
Views
With CH selected on, if you open a hot tap...
Replies
Views
Back