radiators switching off when boiler on | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss radiators switching off when boiler on in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hello,

I have a old Saunier e30 boiler that has been causing issues on and off for a while. The radiators will stop working despite the boiler being set to constant, alongside this, even when switching off the constant switch it fails to shut off, it could stay on for hours with no heating only hot water, unless i switch of at the master switch. In the past after a night like this the next day it would go back to normal, heating and hot water working. Its now becoming a regular occurence and the last time would not correct for 3 days, where the reset button somehow worked after a plumber looked inside.

The pressure is only 0.8, though i realise thats not much less than 1, the water was boiling about 15 minues before the radiators just stopped working, too hot. There was a small leak that the plumber fixed inside with a new washer. I asked if it was the pump causing the lack of heating, he said that was impossible as i have hot water, i asked if it was the thermostat, he said he was unable to ID the issue as it was now 'working' I am dubious about that to be honest - would really appreciate any thoughts people have?

Thank you.

Similar plumbing topics

Yeah I think Ill have a Hive thermostat in...
Replies
Views
Not if the cylinder is already satisfied, and...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Back