Really badly choked up boiler | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Really badly choked up boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 1 inside the air box under the 'snorkel'. If ye don't set that right, the outer air adjustment won't be able to greater change the CO2 levels. Maybe it was overlooked. Just thought I'd mention it incase it was missed

Been Back out to it today to reset it. I whipped the baffles out again just to make sure they were not sooted up again. put FGA in it was running on 8.5% so set it all back running brilliantly now so was just the excess soot being burnt off causing the problem.

I remember a mate of mine played a practical joke on his apprentice whereby he got the apprentice to go through the boiler servicing but tipped a bit of oil inside the combustion chamber when the apprentice went to the loo, and predictably enough the apprentice was unable to set up the boiler combustion for 20 minutes until the oil burnt off, with my mate saying "you must have done something wrong", then going off to snigger to himself.

On another occasion the guy was fitting a WC and the other lads on site kept tipping a little water behind the pan and telling him that the WC was leaking and he would need to take it off and refit it. This went on about 4 times before he realised someone was taking the P.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
Did you ever get an answer to your problem? We...
Replies
Views
Think the appropriate phrase for this should...
Replies
Views
All stats have a hysteresis but I couldn't...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
H
I had a dead mouse in a Rayburn combustion...
Replies
Views
Back