Recommendations for heat only boilers please... | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Recommendations for heat only boilers please... in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratrace

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
As the thread title say's gents. Which brand/model has worked best for you in your experience? have been looking at a potterton gold 15kw but haven't found many reviews. Thanks.

viessmann do a boiler that comes with a 5 year parts and labour and a 10 year guarantee on the heat exchanger

potterton gold 15kw aka baxi solo he aka baxi barcelona aka combi 130 total nightmares

so we will be having two of them please sir plus a keston lol .the viessmann compact aint bad

seen the thread on here about burner failure on this baxi,?i have seen a melted one worrying

Had more then enough nightmares lately so ill give that one a miss. Anything you would recommend that isn't a nightmare gas man?
Thanks also gasmarc ill have a look at the viessmann now.

intergas is another good one but only a 3 year guarantee so not worth a rub really

problem is ratrace the heat only part,not many being made now can you pressurise the system?

Unfortunately not gas man. Haven't got round to obtaining my unvented ticket yet plus the customer is set on a relatively straight swap.

no i mean a pressurised system,ie like a combi only a system boiler you dont need unvented for that

Oh right, he is set on just swapping the boiler. He isnt going to be there much longer so it is probably a cost/time issue. Just looking for one that will do the job really to help the sale along.

what ever is on offer at your merchant then really, even an ideal would suit his needs, but dont leave your sticker on the boiler, lol.

True lol, but as it is for a neighbour and whoever moves in will still be a neighbour i didn't want to throw any old thing on the wall.

Easy option is to put in an ideal then blame the old owner for providing it for you to install!

If it is just a straight swap your easiest will be a Solo (or Promax) as they don't need perm lives or over runs.

I normally use Worcester Ri's or CDi's depending on the space and the budget but have also used Ariston Clas and Alpha CDR's. Never had any problems with any of them. They all cost much the same (CDi excepted).
Don't touch an Icos. You can get a Worcs Ri cheaper anyway.

as tamz says stick a promax or solo in easy fit then you could do one of 2 things a,get heatteam or bg to look after it(advise custard)b.move

as tamz says stick a promax or solo in easy fit then you could do one of 2 things a,get heatteam or bg to look after it(advise custard)b.move

Are they really that bad?
Only ever fitted one solo he about a year ago as it would have been a nightmare to alter the wiring. Never worked on any. Never see many fitted up this way.

id recomend a ideal wrs you put them on the wall and it works for thirty years mostly without so much as a service , unfortunatly in the name of efficency were not allowed .We have to fit you a boiler that will be exceptional if its still there 10 years later having had two heat exchangers 3 pcbs and a new fan
still thats progress

can not even put ideal classic he in officially anymore :( unless .....

they dont make boilers that reliable any more BAXI wm series bf ,trouble free,the odd thermocouple every few years gasvalve after 15+ or the Bermuda,yes deadly if not serviced but takes the top slot for being reliable,ideal mexico bomb proof,but contains the deadly asbestos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

baxi 600 or 800 heat or viessmann 100 would be...
Replies
Views
Off the sound of it I would say 15/50. Not...
Replies
Views
Thanks. I'll have a look. Pakistan is not a...
Replies
Views
Bit late to the party but I don't like the...
Replies
Views
Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
Back