Recommendations for heat only boilers please... | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Recommendations for heat only boilers please... in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the suggestions gents. I like the looks of the remeha avanta 18v.

Last edited:
If it is just a straight swap your easiest will be a Solo (or Promax) as they don't need perm lives or over runs.

I normally use Worcester Ri's or CDi's depending on the space and the budget but have also used Ariston Clas and Alpha CDR's. Never had any problems with any of them. They all cost much the same (CDi excepted).
Don't touch an Icos. You can get a Worcs Ri cheaper anyway.

Thanks tamz. Is there any other Heat only boilers that don't require pump over run? Wiring back from the pump will be a problem due to its position. I have spoke to glow worm a couple of times today and been told different things on there heat only boilers. One said it would need to be wired back from the pump and another said the boiler does it itself? i know you mention the solo but im not sure if the others you mention are also good for a straight swap. Thanks.

Last edited:
The Solo and Promax are the only ones i am aware of. They have as gasman said had some problems.

Thanks tamz. One last question folks, had some misleading/confusing conversations with people today over a heat only boiler swap. My understanding of it was that the system would need to be modernised and have pumped hot water as well as heating with it only being on gravity at the moment (dhw)? A couple of plumbers have said that this doesn't need doing on a like for like boiler swap but only on full installs. I checked with a couple of manufacturers and they agreed with them. What's the script with you guys?

It will need converting to fully pumped as you won't get a boiler suitable for gravity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

baxi 600 or 800 heat or viessmann 100 would be...
Replies
Views
Off the sound of it I would say 15/50. Not...
Replies
Views
Thanks. I'll have a look. Pakistan is not a...
Replies
Views
Bit late to the party but I don't like the...
Replies
Views
Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
Back