Registering Boilers......Or not | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Registering Boilers......Or not in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also register all the Vaillants I install. Since I have been Vaillant approved I make it clear to Vaillant on a spreadsheet I submit to them that I want the associated servicing work. Not had any problems since then.
However prior to being approved I used to fill out the form & get the custard to send it off. The custards always used to get a letter, I think from Warmserve or someone of a similar name trying to sell servicing contracts etc.

Im the same as Dale keep a record of all the boilers i install and send out a reminder in the month i installed it to remind them the service is due

I register all my boilers with gas safe ,they offer owners a free inspection , I thought you had to , I'm not happy it cost me £2,50 ago . Paying my membership should cover this service

Hurray for vaillant! thanks Bert Large. I think what i am trying to say is it the trend for some boiler manufacturer's that are purposely trying to extend the scope of their business into service works,to set up in direct opposition to our market,after all these are our clients. we in good faith endorse there products
you would think it is a simple for the manufacturer to send the same communication to the installer.ok you may be fitting 50 100 loads of boilers now but you may need this work in the future.

just to add we send out the same reminders but we can't continue to compete with large consortium's that offer deals for £11 quid a month unlimited call outs, any part replaced, has any body bought a glow-worm pump head motor for a any of the new generation boilers, £149 quid includes all the parts you don't need.

I've thought for a while that the high cost of boiler spares for us to purchase is maybe another way the manufacturers are trying to squeeze us out of the repair market whilst they offer fixed price repairs at lower costs.

Hi Bert Large spot on!!
I,m sure others feel this but are to busy selling the very same boilers that the very same manufacturers and we can't do anything about it. Can we?????

monopolies 'fair trade' commission any good?.

seems fixing hiked up prices for independants is ok but not if your also trying to steal the work from them is fair game!.imo

hi Redsaw,yes true.fair trade who decides? i would hope to find some manufacturer that wont shaft us.

ive only just registered on my own and have no idea what i should and should not register i tried ringing the gsr to find out but they work less hours than the guy begging for change on the corner!!! then send me a letter stating that there coming to check my work because i'm a new business even tho i've been registered for 13 years as an operative
!!

Sounds like par for the course - I bet with 13 years behind you that you'll be teaching your inspector a thing or two!

thats the thing best part of £500 and all the paper work i got from them is how they want me to market there logo!! not here is what you need to and not need to do! all i want to do is make a living not keep pen pushing idoits in a job!!! is the boiler working? "yes" is the boiler safe? "yes" well well well is there 15000 clips on the gas pipe? is there tape on the pipe stating gas? blah blah blah get a life and come to the really world!

thats the thing best part of £500 and all the paper work i got from them is how they want me to market there logo!! not here is what you need to and not need to do! all i want to do is make a living not keep pen pushing idoits in a job!!! is the boiler working? "yes" is the boiler safe? "yes" well well well is there 15000 clips on the gas pipe? is there tape on the pipe stating gas? blah blah blah get a life and come to the really world!

LOL - I had been warned of something like this on initial inspection, and even made a NCS notice to a customer that had 2.5m of pipe without a clip!! However, the GSR guy I had was quite helpful, make some valid pointers and was a help in clarifying anything I asked, and is contactable if I have any gas safe related queries. Though yes, £438 IS expensive for 1st year.

He He He. Have to laugh at gassafe pr write up. No where in there is there any indication to Gas safe turning super grass to the tax man. this was planned in 2005. Tut tut. Why did you not be honest back then. You have put many fitters through hell and back. I think shame on you.

He He He. Have to laugh at gassafe pr write up. No where in there is there any indication to Gas safe turning super grass to the tax man. this was planned in 2005. Tut tut. Why did you not be honest back then. You have put many fitters through hell and back. I think shame on you.

Yes GasSafePR. What do you have to say about this? Im sure there is more than me thats a bit curious. Spill the beans.

no one is selling the informtaion is just conicendence , that i did a follow up call today and the customer had just got this from a fitting i did in december

Attachments

• today.jpg
    today.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 45
Isn't it the boiler manufacturers passing on this information rather than gas safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It sounds like a misinterpretation of...
Replies
Views
W
Or £50 for an indemnity policy.
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
Although it may seem a waste of time but just...
Replies
Views
Back