Reliance inlet control valve 3/4.5 is overflowing | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Reliance inlet control valve 3/4.5 is overflowing in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

My unvented domestic heating and hot water system incorporates a RWC CWIC 2000 3/4.5 bar pressure control which recently has begun to overflow periodically outside the house.

The system is only 3 years old.

I am not fully sure of the 5 RWC connections but the two regulated outlets feed the central heat system via a “Zilio” white expansion tank and then the balance pipe, and the direct feed to the Gledhill mains pressure hot water cylinder.

I have needed to top up the pressurized heat system about 2-3 times a year via the balance pipe. I never top up above 1.4 bar.

The unreg output is easy to identify but which of the two regulated outputs is 3 bar and which is 4.5 bar?

I have needed to top up the pressurized heat system about 2-3 times a year via the balance pipe. I never top up above 1.4 bar.

Is the overflow caused just by the mains supply variation, or could the safety valve be too weak, or some other problem?

When was your unvented cylinder last serviced should be yearly

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
And it's fixed! Had someone move the EV from...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I have I blend valve from Nu-Heat ( they...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes as they don’t seal after they’ve chucked...
2 3
Replies
Views
  • Question
To be fair, it depends on how the bathrooms...
Replies
Views
Back