removing emersion heater from hot water cylinder, any tips?? | Bathroom Advice | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss removing emersion heater from hot water cylinder, any tips?? in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

plumb_know

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
i was just wondering if anyone had any tips on removing stubborn emersion heaters from hot water cylinders without ripping the cylinder, i currently use emersion spanner and try applying heat to stubborn emersions, but was wondering if anyone has any other methods or any other tools for doing the job??

cheers :teeth_smile:

best one is to follow what garage mechanics do when the van is serviced - suck noisily through teeth before telling customer that its jammed in and is likely to crease cylinder when removing immersion. then appply club hammer to immersion spanner three times v hard, if all goes well, replace immersion, if spanner turns along with immersion along with top of cylinder revert to plan B, install new cylinder and smile at higher profit margins you achieve on cyl swap compared to immersion swap. lifes hard but why go to the hassle of stiching and heating when you are more likely to set fire to the towels in the airing cupboard than get the bloomin immersion out without causing problems with swarf etc. Dont forget, you all out there trying to earn a living, you can try to hard if your not careful.
You may set light to towels in air cupboard lame, me I would have removed them before starting work but then that may be the difference between us?
but do take your point you can take these things a bit to far.

You mean your customer dont empty the airing cupboard of 15 towels six quilts ,two disused venitian blinds ,the loft hatch steps and seven half used boxes of tampons before you get there ,what sort of customer have you got ?
You forgot the piles of fluff, mouse trap & chestnuts! :smile:

Last edited:
Taking care to reassure the customer that all hot presses are the same while you remove all of the above and various "Personal items" :)

Is it just me or do the majority almost push you over the bannister rail while jumping in front of you to retrieve a box or bag from the back of the middle shelf?

Hmmmm always wondered what it might contain :)

Taking care to reassure the customer that all hot presses are the same while you remove all of the above and various "Personal items" :)

Is it just me or do the majority almost push you over the bannister rail while jumping in front of you to retrieve a box or bag from the back of the middle shelf?

Hmmmm always wondered what it might contain :)
No it's just you Pete! They want to push over the banister normally just after you have told em how much it's goner cost. (so I have heard) LOL

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
There's no leaks anywhere above it. The water...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Okay, so this shower is a potential route for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
https://myenergi.info/viewtopic.php?p=87432#p87432
Replies
Views
Hi, F&E is highest, not dripping or signs of...
Replies
Views
Bignose
B
  • Question
Hi Murdoch, Thanks for your recommendation...
Replies
Views
Back