removing old soil pipe...tough ! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss removing old soil pipe...tough ! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

k13wjd

SANY1125.JPG

i was planning on removing this old soil pipe, and replacing it with a longer new one...but it simply WILL NOT MOVE.....

any ideas ????

so cut through it just infront of the seal, and then take it out from there ????

it'll look better than re-using the peice that is there.

should i be looking to change the seal - i have a new one kicking about that should fit.

ah, mis-understanding.

i need to remove that pipe at 90 degrees to my stack, and replace it with one thats longer. as i said, i could just use the one thats there, and stick a pipe in the end of it, but an extra join is an extra leak waiting to happen !!!

SANY1126.JPG

thats the section of pipe im looking to replace, with one thats slightly longer......

Last edited by a moderator:
No i do understand lol and the last time i tried to do that I split the tee in half(tremendous pain in the bum). Do not take out of the tee. Saw your pipe and join to it.

i don't like the look of that joiner thing.....

i'll go play with the saw......

Well it doesnt look like you need to saw it then just take out your pan elbow and slot a new bit of soil in. don't make it harder for yourself.

well, you'll be glad to know i've made a right ***** of it.

What looked like push fit, is indeed solvent weld.

i cut it close to the end, then made a slot inside the pipe, and folded it in ( as i would do with a nasty bearing housing!)

No rubber seal, so either its been superglued, or its a solvent weld fitting !!!!

As it happens, a normal peice of 110mm pipe is a nice snug fit - is normal soil pipe also solvent weld ????? if so i'm laughing, if not, im fecked.

SANY1138.JPG

SANY1140.JPG

Where is my no-nails....

and why do these things occur RIGHT when my body decides its time to take a poop.....

i know everyone has to learn , but , do you not think it is time to give this up as a bad job :eek:

Chill out its not so bad. I have never used solvent weld soil pipe before but as long as its the right kind of plastic it will be fine.

i know everyone has to learn , but , do you not think it is time to give this up as a bad job :eek:

GIVE IT UP ????? mate you have no idea how far i've come in 5 weeks.....fitted an entire central heating system from scratch, which is now been tested, certified ( by a gas safe eng) and leak free for 3 weeks....i'd never soldered a pipe before in my puff, so i think i'm doing pretty well so far.

It seems i'm spending most of my time fixing a so called plumbers bodge jobs, including hep 22mm pushfits onto 3/4 pipe ( PAINTED)

several compression joints sealed with nothing but plumbers mait

plastic push fit waste pipe fittings with the seal removed, and superglued together.......

Now, solvent weld in the morning, and i'll be jamming.

if my new soil pipe isn't fit for solvent, i'm sure marlon do a 110mm solvent converter.....sure i saw one in grahams when i was there last.

youve practically finished the job - look at the title of the thread - you removed it lol.

GIVE IT UP ????? mate you have no idea how far i've come in 5 weeks.....fitted an entire central heating system from scratch, which is now been tested, certified ( by a gas safe eng) and leak free for 3 weeks....i'd never soldered a pipe before in my puff, so i think i'm doing pretty well so far.

It seems i'm spending most of my time fixing a so called plumbers bodge jobs, including hep 22mm pushfits onto 3/4 pipe ( PAINTED)

several compression joints sealed with nothing but plumbers mait

plastic push fit waste pipe fittings with the seal removed, and superglued together.......

Now, solvent weld in the morning, and i'll be jamming.

if my new soil pipe isn't fit for solvent, i'm sure marlon do a 110mm solvent converter.....sure i saw one in grahams when i was there last.

go for it then , is your building and contents insurance upto date :)

go for it then , is your building and contents insurance upto date :)

whats that????

Sorry, that was a joke.

A quick look on the net shows my new pipe, marlon, is uPVC - which is fine and dandy for solvent weld.....So i guess its not a huge issue.

whats that????

Sorry, that was a joke.

A quick look on the net shows my new pipe, marlon, is uPVC - which is fine and dandy for solvent weld.....So i guess its not a huge issue.

go for it then , the last house i had had similar issues to yours , including an overflow in the loft with an unsealed elbow , helpfully the previous owner put a bucket underneath the leak ....................... :mad:

im not saying im " a plumber" - but i'll tell you this, My work is 10x better than which ever cowboy did the work previously....the toilet had been leaking for some 2 years previously - hence the new floorboards.

TBH, quite glad i took it apart, once its solv. welded in, it'll be done and dusted - and a damn site better than what WAS installed.

same with the wiring, lets no go there.....

Well done fella glad you got it sorted. At least its for yourself, there are cowboys out there charging for doing half a good a job

thanks mate. it all started when i got 5 quotes for a central heating system, between 3.5k and 6k........i priced all the parts at £1200......and most of the quotes included running 2 pipes up the middle of my livingroom wall......NO THANKS !!!!

I'll check with marley in the morning if the pipe is ok to solvent weld, and if so, it should be straight forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol now you know why it wouldn't slide out. You'd better replace that seal XD

lol now you know why it wouldn't slide out. You'd better replace that seal XD

thanks for that. to be fair, look back at the photo's.....doesnt look like a solvent weld fitting does it - looks VERY much like thats a cap that goes over a seal !!!!

well, at least if i become a plumber, i'll know in the future !!! - or even if a newly trained plumber reads this, perhaps they will double take a job before doing it !

Your right it looked like pushfit. I'm sure you'll be pretty handy after doing all that work.

i have no idea why it has the lip on it - Likely to confuse me.

TBH ive quite enjoyed the project so far....i still have a whirlpool bath to do, and a new condensate pipe for the boiler ( i wasnt happy with my first attempt, sealed, but not pretty)

only thing i'm paying for is a tiler....

Dont forget my bill - crate of beer :p cmon it was quality advice lol.

Dont forget my bill - crate of beer :p cmon it was quality advice lol.

I'll make a donation to a local charity on your behalf.

though, looking back, it would have been much easier to just bodge it up, and stick the new pipe into the old end. bet it would have leaked at some point though.

maybe there is something you should understand. My body produces the BIGGEST poops you ever saw in your entire life. I have photo's to prove it. "foot long" is a term i have used before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

B
I wouldn't bother even trying. Water jetters...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
I got a Floplast boss strap from Screwfix...
Replies
Views
Thanks Shaun and Last Plumber. I checked the...
Replies
Views
here is an update of job finished , i ran a...
Replies
Views
Back