Repairing taps at back of bath. | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Repairing taps at back of bath. in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

A

Aire

Hi guys,
Went to look at a job yesterday where some tenants have been removed for not looking after the house. One of the things they've done and I don't know how is snapped the backnuts on the bath tap (deck mixer) so the tap just pulls out the holes. The taps are in the worst place possible at the back of the bath in a recess against an outside wall. Customer does not under any circumstances want the taken out, which leaves me the only option of sticking the taps down, which lets face it will last all of 10 minutes. The only positive I guess is as the bath wasn't pre drilled, the holes are nice and tight to the threads so only movement really is up and down. Apart from ct1 can anyone recommend an alternative. It's not really something I want to do but its more of a favour for a friend than anything.

In the middle on the long edge of the bath, every plumbers nightmare, and while yes the backnuts could have split, the old tenants, didnt pay the rent, smashed the wardrobes and put holes through the doors too so she believes it's deliberate.

I thought you meant that, Craig, but it passed over everyone else.

I have always said it is the most ridiculous fashion, unless maintainence access is somehow provided

Yeah, for example, lintles don't take the weight of all the bricks above it, they support a triangular shape of bricks above it. so a lintle supports 10 bricks, those 10 bricks support 9 bricks and those 9 support 8 and so on until you get to 1, so theoretically you could remove that entire section of brickwork and the hole would be self supporting.

I might not have explained that properly but I know what I mean ;)

Yeah, for example, lintles don't take the weight of all the bricks above it, they support a triangular shape of bricks above it. so a lintle supports 10 bricks, those 10 bricks support 9 bricks and those 9 support 8 and so on until you get to 1, so theoretically you could remove that entire section of brickwork and the hole would be self supporting.

I might not have explained that properly but I know what I mean ;)
Didn’t know that mate, thanks ;)

I just stitch drilled the cement joints out and grind out the remainder once you get one brick out its quite easy dont go at it with a kango, its no different from bricking up a old style balanced flue the bricks will support themselves if your careful. Kop

I just stitch drilled the cement joints out and grind out the remainder once you get one brick out its quite easy dont go at it with a kango, its no different from bricking up a old style balanced flue the bricks will support themselves if your careful. Kop
I did think that mate but wanted it confirming;);)

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Sorry for the delay in replying, I had an...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Riley, no i completed this job a while back...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You’ve pulled the brass thread back into the...
Replies
Views
S
150mm for showers
Replies
Views
Think the back nut broke/sheared plastic job...
Replies
Views
Back