Repairing Twyford Syphonic toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Repairing Twyford Syphonic toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

A few years ago I repaired my parents 35 year old toilet with a Dudley Turbo 88 and Syvac aspirator.
It's started leaking from the donut I think. Also the Syphonic action had died and the solids hardly moved with a flush.
I've removed the tank to take a look and the Syvac aspirator has snapped above its donut.
I'm going to replace both items.
I remember last time the Syvac seemed a bit off center with the pan hole, any tips, would it be ok to bond the bung in place etc as I read before an airtight seal is needed.
It's a bit of a bodge job as the hole in the toilet tank base is oversize too requiring blanking plates adapting and sealant.
The have an green suite and bath so they want to keep it if possible.

Similar plumbing topics

New Jersey, USA ?
Replies
Views
great minds think alike lame
Replies
Views
PlumbBobBob
P
Back