Toilet syphon replacement | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet syphon replacement in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI all, siphons are not measured in overall height but from the inside bottom of the cistern to the crown (spillover level).

No that it really matters nowadays due to the Dudley adjustable anyway! Useless info for y'all!!

adjustable one only one i use

Shaun so those pictures are of one adjustable syphon?
So whenever you replace a syphon this adjustable one is the one you always use?
I've searched and looked at so many different syphons/manufacturers recently, do you always buy that same one or are there others sizes they do (or is it one size fits all with the turbo 88)?

FYI all, siphons are not measured in overall height but from the inside bottom of the cistern to the crown (spillover level).

No that it really matters nowadays due to the Dudley adjustable anyway! Useless info for y'all!!
Yeah, saw that somewhere. That's one of the reasons I started this thread. Been interesting.

Ooops.

Just changed one of these today and fitted a Fluidmaster cistern kit to the cistern with flush lever.

The old one was knackered as the customer had adjusted and fettled with it over the years and finally managed to shear the part of the syphon that the linkage goes onto.

Fluidmaster dual flush kit with the cistern handle flush lever fitted no probs and all operates correctly and the flushes are more efficient than the previous setup.

Cheers,

Andy
Looked at these in plum centre. Look good, just the plastic handle puts me off where you have a metal one originally.
looks like you can replace the handle with a push button one too as long as the flush is not on the side of the cistern.

Shaun so those pictures are of one adjustable syphon?
So whenever you replace a syphon this adjustable one is the one you always use?
I've searched and looked at so many different syphons/manufacturers recently, do you always buy that same one or are there others sizes they do (or is it one size fits all with the turbo 88)?

Yes it's the only one I use they last very well in a commercial environment

Shaun, got the Dudley adjustable, instructions mention on a close coupled cistern that the 50mm threaded tail should be trimmed to 2mm beyond the backnut when fitted to the cistern. Is this necessary? Will the cistern not fit to the pan if it is not trimmed?

never trimmed one myself just always test before hand (with donut washer off)

All plumbers should guarantee their work, including the parts. Many warranties cover the plumber's work for up to one year. If the plumber refuses to guarantee his or her work, move on.

professional plumber Sussex County NJ

All plumbers should guarantee their work, including the parts. Many warranties cover the plumber's work for up to one year. If the plumber refuses to guarantee his or her work, move on.

Including parts :D that's a joke parts have a manufacturer warrenty and not with the plumber,

Plumber warrents the Pipework / accessories etcs

New Jersey, USA ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Fluidmaster link
Replies
Views
Apologies for leaving it so late to reply to...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Hi, how have you got on with your toilets?
Replies
Views
1/4" from the bottom of the cistern sounds a...
Replies
Views
Back