Replace a water tap | General Plumbing Jobs Discussion | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Replace a water tap in the General Plumbing Jobs Discussion area at Plumbers Forums

Hello,
I have to replace the kitchen's water tap. I am attaching images (*.img) of the under sink existing pipe connections where some welding and corrosion seem in place. The water tap my wife has already bought has different hose pipes, see please attached housepipe image. Any advice on how to place the new water tap with all the under sink pipes connection? Thank you

Attachments

• IMG-20240720-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20240720-WA0001.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG-20240720-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20240720-WA0002.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG-20240720-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20240720-WA0006.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG-20240720-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20240720-WA0007.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 39
  • hosepipe.jpg
    hosepipe.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 44
Thanks. But what about the copper pipes? Will it be sufficient to cut them with Automatic Copper Pipe Cutter and insert their ends within the ISO valves? if Yes, should I use a jointing compound and/or PTFE tape?
Thank you

Just unscrew the plastic pushfit elbow and coupling on the bottom nut (once the waters off/drained etc )

You will need a pair of electrical snips or tin snips to cut the stainless grab rings then remove everything that’s associated with the pushfit joint and install your iso valve note there should already be an insert in the pushfit pipe if there not there will need to be one fitted

Shouldn’t need jointing compound but you will require 15mm x 1/2 iso valve etc

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi Mike, this is where our washing machine is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Take flow readings where ever you can. Just...
Replies
Views
L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You are missing a part, it's probably on the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
No
Replies
Views
Back