Replace Sunvic DM5601 Duoflow with V4073A or similar..? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Replace Sunvic DM5601 Duoflow with V4073A or similar..? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pssst

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello..

I havent done any central heating wiring alterations in a while but i have an older Sunvic DM5601 actuator/valve which is leaking/sticking as they always do. It is wired into the duoflow grey relay box/mini pcb. The timeswitch is a randal 103 and there is a roomstat and cylinderstat on the system.

Clearly i will need to ditch the grey relay box and use a new box/wiring strip but is this swap do-able given that the 103 is a simple timed/off/constant single channel switch and there are no separate on/off connections for the ch and hw?

Ta

Pssst .. yep it's duable... Use to rip out the guts of the relay box and put terminal strip in but a Honeywell wiring centre will do the trick ... Not sure if you need to run another wire to the cyl stat though. I remember one valve way back you had to, that may have been the SMC twin pumps... Not sure. Anyways pretty straight forward. Your switch live supplies the r/stat and cylinder stats. Your r/stat is your control for heating on or off and the time switch for timed..

Well..finally got round to doing this job at the weekend as the main ELCB in the distribution board kept pinging and wouldnt reset. Came home next day to find water drips through ceiling and very leaky/rusty Duoval body/actuator in cupbiard after removing access panel.

Found a brilliant solution in that Screwfix sell a Danfoss control pack which is a boxed kit including digital twin chaneel programmer,cylinderstat,roomstat a HSA3 mid position actuator a and HSA3 mid position valve all for just a little less than 80 notes !

Just add wiring centre,some additional cabling and labour and job done...result,much better,fully controllable heating system.

Bizarre that its cheaper to buy the control pack than just a valve/actuator on its own !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Having been told by Sunvic and Drayton that I...
Replies
Views
These guys seem to be building a heating...
Replies
Views
Back