Replacement of a homeywell three port valve | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Replacement of a homeywell three port valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently changed a honeywell three port valve for a member of staff from where i work along with this fitted a new vented hot water cylinder. As her radiators upstairs were getting hot when the hot water was on. So thinking that the three port was stuck in the mid position i recommended changing it. Fitted the new cylinder exactly how the old one was piped up, Filled the system back up and tested all fine. Customer rings a day or two later saying that the same thing is happening? I'm abit stumped as to what is happening, and havent had the chance to reattend to diagnose what is happening. Any idea's as to what it could possibly be?

Callum

When the hotwater is on the heat is creeping down the common return and heating the radiators a easy fix would be to install a nrv in the return . kop

When the hotwater is on the heat is creeping down the common return and heating the radiators a easy fix would be to install a nrv in the return . kop

So am i right in thinking that its reverse circulating around the system through poor design? Where abouts on the return would i have to put a nrv? I've not had the chance to ask the customer if it did this before, but what if it didnt prevously do this?

IMG_3053.JPG

You will need to take a few floor boards up to find the return and yes i wouldnt say bad design but water will find the easiest route block that with a one way valve and you should be sorted cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks for the replies, turns out it was a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
3 port could be on its way out?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Sounds more like the heating zone valve isn’t...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/drayton-27101sx-3-po...
Replies
Views
thanks.... yes, so my diagram and wording is...
2 3
Replies
Views
Back