Replacing Back Boiler | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Replacing Back Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really appreciate all the advice from you all. Estimate Number 2 has come in...

It's a bit cheaper, but the boiler is a cheaper one. Any opinions on whether the Ideal is decent enough? Looking at prices online, I reckon this boiler is around £200 cheaper than the Baxi in the other quote. At the moment I'm considering whether to take the 2nd quote but ask for a better boiler.
==============================================

Disconnect and Remove existing Back Boiler, Hot Water Cylinders & Tanks.
Supply and Fit New Ideal I-Mini 30 (2 year warranty) Combi Condensing Boiler with Time Clock, Vertical Roof Flue and Filling Loop.
Boiler to be located in the Airing Cupboard.
Supply and Fit Digital Room Thermostat.
Supply and Install Fernox Inhibitor to the System.
Commission, Test and Register new Appliance all to Current Gas Safety Regulations.

£2,200

combi is the cheapest option if you fitted a open vent boiler you would have to fit a y plan or s plan to the system . also depending on the pipework you may have to repipe some of it . the one I did last wk had the cylinder piped up off the rad circuit as if it was just a radiator - would have ment complete new circs to the cylinder and a cylinder as the connections were corroded .combi not best for flow rates but cheapest option . as for price parts inc vert flue would be in the region of £1400 - £1800 depending on boiler

I really appreciate all the advice from you all. Estimate Number 2 has come in...

It's a bit cheaper, but the boiler is a cheaper one. Any opinions on whether the Ideal is decent enough? Looking at prices online, I reckon this boiler is around £200 cheaper than the Baxi in the other quote. At the moment I'm considering whether to take the 2nd quote but ask for a better boiler.
==============================================

Disconnect and Remove existing Back Boiler, Hot Water Cylinders & Tanks.
Supply and Fit New Ideal I-Mini 30 (2 year warranty) Combi Condensing Boiler with Time Clock, Vertical Roof Flue and Filling Loop.
Boiler to be located in the Airing Cupboard.
Supply and Fit Digital Room Thermostat.
Supply and Install Fernox Inhibitor to the System.
Commission, Test and Register new Appliance all to Current Gas Safety Regulations.

£2,200

i would stick with other quote looks a bit smash and grab this quote

you get what you pay for the baxi is a good well established boiler .if fitting an ideal it would be a logic as they have the 5 year warranty . main eco not a bad boiler and warranty can be extended to 5 year for £99

At least quote 1 is attempting to give the existing system a clean through.
Only way to restore efficiency is power flush though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

In the back of the fireplace there will be a...
Replies
Views
Thanks for this, much appreciated. Andrew
Replies
Views
Thanks mate. Been very lucky, a neighbour...
Replies
Views
when I removed the back coal saver I can now...
Replies
Views
If you are thinking about installing pv panels...
Replies
Views
Back