Replacing Room Thermostat | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Replacing Room Thermostat in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,

I've recently had a new Worcester Greenstar Ri gas boiler fitted and want to replace the old mechanical room thermostat. I really wanted a digital room thermostat but I understand that this isn't possible. As I understand it, a digital thermostat would need wiring directly to the boiler, but the existing thermostat has one wire to the heating pump, and one to the programmer; no new wiring was run from the stat to the boiler when the new boiler was fitted. Am I correct in my understanding and, if so, could anyone recommend a mechanical thermostat please?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Its a very ingenious but devilishly cunning...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I wanted to bring this one to conclusion. My...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just a thought but did you check the fuse box...
Replies
Views
  • Question
thanks as I thought . was bit late tonight...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi I have a Honeywell ST699 programmer which...
Replies
Views
Back