Rhino tubes Vs soil pipe? | Boilers | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Rhino tubes Vs soil pipe? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used a soil pipe in top of a renault trafic to carry mini trunking & plastic conduit in, fatened to the roof bars with heavy duty soil stack brackets...bad mitake!Picture heavy braking due to a sheep on road, picture 3m long javelin detatching itself from van roof and hitting said sheep. Just a bit messy ...I replaced the soil pipe but bought some purpose made brackets off fleabay instead of the soil brackets. No problems since :)

Was giving this some thought. The problem I have with any kind of rod tube/pipe carrier is that once you take a length of pipe out of one and cut a bit off, if you put it back you are often struggling to reach it again. Wish someone would manufacture one that not only has a door at each end but would open along its entire length on hinges like a toolbox lid allowing storage and access to different sizes of lengths of pipe. Storage and easy access to decent offcuts along with 2 metre and 3 metre lengths of pipe would stop them rolling around the shelves of my van. I'm considering slitting a section of 6 inch pipe in half along its length with a grinder and fitting hinges to one side and a hasp to the other to try it out.

Pushfit fitting and a piece of string clipped to the inside of the rhino tube lid?...

what about a 2m say, length of 40mm or 50mm waste pipe for off cuts of copper capped one end of course.

I know a guy that has a length of waste pipe on the roof on the inside of his van for the offcuts, then the shortest just go in a box for when he only needs a small piece.

av got a vivaro and cut out a hole big enough for 22 bundles off 22mm and 2 15mm,the pipes inside then so doesnt get seen and is alongside by handbrake both sides works a treat plus can get overflow in and solvent pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
It’s mainly because of the boss eg pipe into...
Replies
Views
Thank you
Replies
Views
Hi @Jim Goodenough I do have some yes , I did...
Replies
Views
G
Need to remove the boxing could be a bad boss...
Replies
Views
The open vent through the roof is the best...
Replies
Views
Back