Roast my external waste stack | UK Plumbers Forums | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Roast my external waste stack in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hello one and all.

Neighbours had a builder over this afternoon for a quote on their new conservatory. They thought we were out and the subject turned to our external waste stack in the back garden. It was recently fixed there to remove the internal waste stack from our small bathroom. Anyway, they basically were saying it's ugly. The tradesman referred to it as "special", as in, really poorly put together.

I am actually not offended by this and considered it quite insightful feedback that you wouldn't get face-to-face. But hmm, not entirely sure whether it was warranted, maybe the tradesman was mocking it to give the impression he works to a very high standard. Maybe he was just a weird person. Or maybe he's spot on.

Anyway, what better place to confirm or deny his theory than here.

So please, I cordially invite you to roast my external waste stack. Or not! Whatever you think of it, your honest opinion is hugely welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_20210820_140234.jpg
    IMG_20210820_140234.jpg
    683.5 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20210820_140228.jpg
    IMG_20210820_140228.jpg
    630.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20210820_140045.jpg
    IMG_20210820_140045.jpg
    637.9 KB · Views: 94
Got a quote to rebuild this. £700. Basically their day rate.

Said the toilet and bath would need to be moved in order to adjust the exit holes in the wall.

Honestly I can't justify fixing a cosmetic issue for that price. Probably going to live with it unless I can get this fixed for something closer to £300.

Got a quote to rebuild this. £700. Basically their day rate.

Said the toilet and bath would need to be moved in order to adjust the exit holes in the wall.

Honestly I can't justify fixing a cosmetic issue for that price. Probably going to live with it unless I can get this fixed for something closer to £300.
The only bit I really dislike about your setup is the proximity to the neighbour's window opening and your trickle vent. I'd get a quote for just that to be honest.

Their day rate is £700 for one person!? You in central London or something?

The only bit I really dislike about your setup is the proximity to the neighbour's window opening and your trickle vent. I'd get a quote for just that to be honest.

Their day rate is £700 for one person!? You in central London or something?

Hah, based in Hertfordshire. The rate is for two people but even so, I think the scope of the project (moving exit holes in particular) is excessive.

Back