Rotten egg smell Vaillant ecotec 837 boiler - bacteria? | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Rotten egg smell Vaillant ecotec 837 boiler - bacteria? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
0.00047ppm is the level 50% of the population can detect the odour of Hydrogen Sulphide, workers in the Petrochemical industry carry alarms set to go off at between 5 - 15ppm
less that 10ppm has an exposure limit of 8 hrs a day

10–20 ppm is the borderline concentration for eye irritation.
50–100 ppm leads to eye damage.
At 100–150 ppm the olfactory nerve is paralyzed after a few inhalations, and the sense of smell disappears, often together with awareness of danger.[13][14]
320–530 ppm leads to pulmonary edema with the possibility of death.
530–1000 ppm causes strong stimulation of the central nervous system and rapid breathing, leading to loss of breathing.
800 ppm is the lethal concentration for 50% of humans for 5 minutes exposure (LC50).
Concentrations over 1000 ppm cause immediate collapse with loss of breathing, even after inhalation of a single breath.
I dont think you have a H2S problem unless you have a petro/chem plant under your stairs.

But i could be wrong

Does this mean i should stop licking the solder before i make a join?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yep I think that’s got to be the next step. I...
Replies
Views
A condensing boiler is high efficiency, and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Ok understood regarding keeping to a set kw...
2 3
Replies
Views
Its not totally straight .
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
Back