Running a boiler from a generator? | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Running a boiler from a generator? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's basically a huge 2nd alternator that runs a 3Kw inverter mounted in the back. I think it's 24v rather than 12v though.

It's basically a huge 2nd alternator that runs a 3Kw inverter mounted in the back. I think it's 24v rather than 12v though.

Thanks for that. One more question, if I may. When using the 'Rover to power up, say, the house, in a power cut, what sort of revs do you need to run the 'rover motor at to keep the inverter pumping out power. I assume that leaving it ticking over is not going to do it, and if not running the motor, your battery (12 or 24v), will be dead in seconds?

Last edited by a moderator:
It needs a bit of a rev up to start generating but it will then generate at tick over. I've run a 3Kw fan heater with the engine ticking over.

Hiya Mike - my defender I have had modifyed to british army spec - in that it could in theory
be started with a starting handle !!! on the end of ft pulley - ft bumper has a hole esp for this

My plan is/was to couple on to this as a power take off as l/r was designed with this in mind
in the 1st place - ideas about my plan ?

CHK

Hiya Mike - my defender I have had modifyed to british army spec - in that it could in theory
be started with a starting handle !!! on the end of ft pulley - ft bumper has a hole esp for this

My plan is/was to couple on to this as a power take off as l/r was designed with this in mind
in the 1st place - ideas about my plan ?

CHK

If its an ex-army landrover make sure you keep your thumb out of the way. Most of the drivers I met in my 26 years in the army didn't have a thumb on their right hand, LOST IT TO A LANDROVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If i turn the temperature dial right down on...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, I have a viessmann vitoden 100 w...
Replies
Views
Abbie S
A
Are you in a hard water area? Limescale in...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
I'm sorry it's been difficult reading. Is this...
Replies
Views
Back