Same day boiler repairs | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Same day boiler repairs in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drains are always the very last job of the day, if I have to do them and I only do them for existing customers. No chance I'm doing a full to the brim at 0300 in the morning. :p:eek:

We always try a same day fix tbh.
Good supplier near me has a good stock of parts but most things not in stock are the next day. Unless it's from manufacturers of course, then you're on a hiding to nothing.

We Put 33% on parts and charge £90 first hour and a half then £45 per hour following ( plus VAT).

I always go for same day fix, if I can. I find most of the bigger guys hold really poor choice of stock and you need to order things like primary thermistor for a vokera and get it next day. I use an independent who pretty mush never let me down. They are a little more expensive for most parts, but they have them because their finger is on the pulse for what spares are selling in my district. I never use internet. If independent does not have it I order it through them for next day, usually. Most customers want stuff china cheap so add cost to parts and show them Plumbcentre's website that shows the RRP price. They don't like to think that you have the audacity to actually earn a living from your labour charge. If I make a mistake on diagnostic then I either take the part in to my stock or depending on part come to an arrangement that they pay for all parts and installation of the correct part and my time is free for the mistake.

I do nearly all my repairs the same day. We have two really good gas spares suppliers in my area, who between them have almost always got the spares I need in stock. On the very rare occasion both do not have it in stock they get me it by 9am the next morning. I charge it out + 15% for the part & my 9 to 5 hrs charge is £55 for the 1st hr and £45 per hr after that. Out of hrs I charge a call out fee on top and my rate goes up x1.5 evenings & Saturday & x2 on a Sunday.

Do you guys charge for your time picking up the part?
I only charge for my time on site, The 15% mark up on the parts I charge covers my costs for picking up the part. But I am usually within 20mins of my local gas spares suppliers.But if I am out in the sticks and more than half an hour away from a supplier then yes I do,usually a £20 delivery charge.

Do you guys charge for your time picking up the part?
Why wouldn't you ? Is your van, time, diesel, insurance etc free ? Collecting parts if it's specifically for that job is surely part of of it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
Reading this ordeal is like watching a horror...
Replies
Views
J
Replies
Views
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
Back